All Hokie, All the Time. Period.

Virginia Tech Olympic Sports

Razor4VT

Joined: 12/24/2004 Posts: 1072
Likes: 344


Well my take on that question is


as someone who's called a lot of pitches. Say your pitcher throws 100 pitches today , and 90 are basically right where you wanted and 10 are off the mark..to far out / in/ up / etc.. she's spotting at 90%..pretty good to me. The issue is the other 10 % we're talking about. As a lot of you know in this game those 10 can be huge. If it leaks a little in ..you hit the batter..leave it out a little they hit it 250 ft. Pitching is a TOUGH,TOUGH job and I have much respect for these ladies as yall do. The way these ladies spin the ball it's amazing how much they actually hit their spot % wise.

(In response to this post by gdot)

Posted: 02/22/2021 at 3:00PM



+4

Insert a Link

Enter the title of the link here:


Enter the full web address of the link here -- include the "http://" part:


Current Thread:
 
  
Question for VT Chip----- -- gdot 02/22/2021 1:33PM
  Well my take on that question is -- Razor4VT 02/22/2021 3:00PM
  Interesting observation -- VTChip 02/22/2021 1:57PM
  I think you are right..... -- 2hhoop3 02/22/2021 2:24PM
  For anyone, i see KR went over 100 pitches -- Jbohokie63 02/22/2021 4:00PM
  All depends..... -- 2hhoop3 02/22/2021 5:25PM
  Some softball pitchers say... -- HokieJack 02/22/2021 9:57PM
  I think there's a kernel of . . . -- MidloHokie 02/22/2021 10:30PM
  Agreed .... -- 2hhoop3 02/22/2021 8:44PM
  Ok, that's what i was wondering. Not sure -- Jbohokie63 02/22/2021 7:13PM
  Keely is simply the Energizer Bunny -- VTChip 02/22/2021 4:52PM
  I think she'll get in a groove -- APrimusHokie 02/22/2021 2:14PM

Our Sponsors



vm314