Information Collected by TechSideline.com
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our TechSideline.com users:
1. Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
2. Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. TechSideline.com and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, TechSideline.com cookie information, and the page you requested. TechSideline.com uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- TechSideline.com may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While TechSideline.com will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
TechSideline.com is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below.
TechSideline.com may send out e-mails with TechSideline.com-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. To opt out of these emails, make sure you’re logged into the site, click the “Account” link in the header, and uncheck the appropriate box in the “Newsletter Subscriptions” area.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. TechSideline.com cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- TechSideline.com Personnel: TechSideline.com personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of TechSideline.com business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if TechSideline.com, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Syndication: TechSideline.com allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the TechSideline.com website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the TechSideline.com website. As a result, TechSideline.com does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that TechSideline.com has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using TechSideline.com or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use