Virginia Tech Future Basketball Schedules, as compiled from various sources. Note: Very little information is generally listed on this page, because future basketball schedules are very fluid, are generally not publicized, and are often finalized just before the season starts.
Last Updated: May 26, 2023
|Season||ACC Away||OOC Home||ACC Home||OOC Away||Neutral/TBD|
|Nov. 6 Coppin State||BC|
|Nov. 10: South Carolina in doubleheader in Charlotte, N.C.
Nov. 23, 24 and 26: ESPN Events Invitational in Orlando, Fla.
Teams: Boise State, Butler, Florida Atlantic, Iowa State, Penn State, Texas A&M, VCU, Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech Future Basketball Schedules Updates:
- 5/26/23: Rocco Miller reports Virginia Tech will open its 2023-24 season in Cassell Coliseum on Monday, Nov. 6 vs. Coppin State. It’s the fifth all-time meeting between the Hokies and Eagles.
- 5/11/23: ESPN announces Virginia Tech is part of the 2023 ESPN Events Invitational at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla. The tournament will take place on Nov. 23, 24 and 26.
- 2/22/23: Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports announces Virginia Tech and South Carolina will meet in a Veteran’s Day doubleheader in the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C. on Nov. 10, 2023.
- 2/14/19: The ACC announces the future ACC scheduling matchups (no dates yet) for the 20-game schedule starting in 2019-20. Graphic here.
- 6/1/18: The ACC announces ACC/Big Ten Challenge matchups, including Virginia Tech at Penn State on Nov. 27.
- 5/22/18: Virginia Tech will play Washington in Atlantic City on Dec. 15, 2018.
- 4/10/18: The ACC announces 2018-19 conference matchups (times and TV TBD). This is the last season of 18 conference games; in 2019-20, the schedule will include 20 ACC games.
- 3/27/18: Virginia Tech will play in the 2019 Maui Jim Maui Invitational (Nov. 25-27, 2019).
- 11/16/17: Virginia Tech announces their participation in Gildan Charleston Classic in Nov. 2018
- 7/24/17: Virginia Tech announces 2017-18 out of conference schedule.
- 7/20/17: ACC announces matchups for the 2017-18 season.
- 6/8/17: VT will host Iowa in the 2017 ACC/Big Ten Challenge (date TBD).
- 5/24/17: VT will play at Kentucky on 12/16/2017.
- 6/9/16: Ole Miss tweeted that their visit to Blacksburg is scheduled for 12/11/2016.
- 6/7/16: WVU released their 2016-17 schedule, and Virginia Tech was not on it, so VT’s road game at WVU for 2016-17 was removed from this page.
- 6/2/16: The Hokies will play at Michigan in the 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- 4/1/16 (Not an April Fool’s joke): per this tweet by Jon Rothstein, VT and Ole Miss schedule a home-and-home. First game in Blacksburg in 2016-17, return game in Oxford in 2017-18.
- 2/12/16: The ACC announces basketball matchups for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
- 11/27/15: VT is one of eight teams that will participate in the 2016 DirecTV Wooden Legacy.
- 10/22/14: VT and WVU will alternate games on a yearly basis through 2017-18, and probably beyond.