This is a Big Fundraising Week for Virginia Tech Athletics

Virginia Tech Triumph Together 2023
Virginia Tech Triumph Together 2023 kicks off Tuesday at noon.

This is a big week for giving in Virginia Tech Athletics. Here are three fundraising campaigns to consider donating to.

1.) Virginia Tech’s annual “Triumph Together” fundraising campaign: This is a key 25-hour drive that starts at noon on Tuesday, August 22nd and runs through 1 PM on Wednesday, August 23rd. You’ll be able to make sport-specific donations, donate to the Hokie Scholarship Fund, or donate to other specific athletics-related needs.

Tech Sideline is once again an ambassador for Triumph Together, as are many of the people you know through our web site and social media. All ambassadors will have specially-coded links for tracking donations, and we’ll compete with one another to see who can drive the most donations.

Look for the action to start at noon on Tuesday. We’ll post our donation link on the site and on social media.

2.) The Hokie Way’s “Countdown to Kickoff” fundraising campaign: This critical NIL-related campaign has been underway since August 1st and runs until kickoff of the ODU game on September 2nd.

Contributions will be matched up to $250,000, and as of today, The Hokie Way is well short of hitting that total.

We’ll continue to encourage donations to this campaign until it ends. Use the widget below to donate, but be sure to keep reading beyond the widget for a third cause you can donate to ….

3.) 3304 Sports GoFundMe for Football Travel Expenses: What is “3304 Sports”? It’s the student media outlet comprised of Virginia Tech Sports Media & Analytics (SMA) Students. This is the same SMA program that has provided so many talented interns for the Tech Sideline podcast, TSL sports coverage, and social media graphics (as well as our unforgettable Sopranos Intro: Tech Sideline Edition).

3304 Sports is seeking to raise $10,000 to enable the completely-volunteer student organization to take multiple reporters and videographers to every Virginia Tech football game (all 12 of them, including road games) during the 2023 season.

They’re already off to a good start. Help them reach their goal and continue to develop into the best student sports media program in the country!

1 Responses You are logged in as Test

1. Come on Hokie Fans, put your money where your mouth is! There are a lot of Hokies who give and give and give without the possibility of a winning season. In order for our Hokie programs to grow we must give unconditionally. I hear some trolls complain about this and that about our football program and that’s just unacceptable. You either love and support the Hokies, or just find another program to complain about. In order for our athletic programs to improve overall we must support our school and its many academic and athletic teams. It’s time to step up to the plate and put our full support and confidence in our school, administration, coaches, players and fans. I challenge you to give what you can to our much loved school. Let’s Go Hokies! This is HOME, now let’s keep it that way!