Virginia Tech Football announced today that Adam Lechtenberg has joined Justin Fuente’s staff as Director of Player Development.
The hokiesports.com press release on Lechtenberg’s hiring didn’t specifically outline what his duties will be at Virginia Tech, but they are expected to be wide-ranging. Lechtenberg worked under Justin Fuente at Memphis from 2012-2015, and during that time, his duties included:
- Managing many aspects of the evaluation and recruiting process
- Acting as liaison between the football program and academics, admissions and housing
- Overseeing the Tigers’ walk-on program
A native of Nebraska and a 2002 graduate of the University of Nebraska, Lechtenberg also earned a Masters from TCU in 2009. He has worked with Justin Fuente at a couple of different stops in the last decade.
Adam Lechtenberg Bio
- Native of: Butte, Nebraska
- Playing career: University of Nebraska (defensive back; graduated 2002, BS in Agribusiness)
- Early coaching career: Truman State University (running backs), Wayne State College (GA/wide receivers) and Fowler High School (defensive coordinator)
- 2007-2009: TCU (offensive graduate assistant, working under Fuente; earned a Masters in Liberal Arts)
- 2010-2011: Central Connecticut State (co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach)
- 2012-2015: Memphis (director of player personnel)
- 2016: University of Tennessee at Martin (passing game coordinator/wide receivers coach)