Virginia Tech and the ACC have released the 2019 Virginia Tech football schedule.
|Sat. 4/13||Spring Game||TBD|
|Sat. 8/31||@Boston College||TBD|
|Sat. 10/12||RHODE ISLAND||TBD|
|Sat. 11/2||@Notre Dame||NBC|
|Sat. 11/9||WAKE FOREST||TBD|
|Sat. 12/7||ACC Champ. Game||TBD|
Notes on the schedule:
- There are seven home games in 2019, for the second year in a row.
- Virginia Tech opens on August 31 at Boston College, the Hokies’ second straight year starting with a road ACC game to open the season (@FSU in 2018).
- This is the first time since 2014 (Aug. 30 vs. William & Mary) the Hokies have started the schedule in August.
- There are two FCS programs on the schedule, Furman on September 14 and Rhode Island on October 12. Only one FCS win can be counted as one of the six required wins for bowl eligibility.
- There are no Thursday games this year for the Hokies, but there are two Friday games: Duke on Sep. 27, and at Virginia on Nov. 29.
- Virginia Tech travels to Notre Dame on November 2, the Hokies’ third meeting with the Irish in four seasons (2016, 2018, 2019).
- Wake Forest visits Lane Stadium on November 9, the first meeting between the two schools since the 2014 double overtime debacle, won 6-3 by the Demon Deacons.
Virginia Tech football season tickets are $400 apiece plus per-seat minimum Hokie Club donations, if applicable. Visit hokietickets.com and hokieclub.com for more information.
We’ll have a full analysis of the schedule posted on the site soon.