This week’s practice update is going to focus on the offensive side of the ball. No, we don’t know who the starting quarterback is going to be, and we’re probably a couple of weeks away from knowing. But there is some news at the other positions.
Young Players Breaking Into the Rotation
To put into perspective exactly how young Virginia Tech’s offense is going to be this year, Justin Fuente described a personnel grouping from practice over the weekend. It consisted of the following…
- One redshirt-freshman quarterback (Josh Jackson)
- One true freshman tailback (Jalen Holston)
- One true freshman tight end (Dalton Keene)
- One true freshman slot receiver (likely Sean Savoy, though Kalil Pimpleton is also possible)
- One redshirt-freshman outside receiver (Phil Patterson)
- One true freshman outside receiver (Hezekiah Grimsley)
On that one particular play, six of Virginia Tech’s starting offensive players were redshirt-freshmen or younger.
Naturally, it won’t be like that...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here