The Fisher Legal Friday Q&A: Brian Mitchell, and Having Multiple Defensive Coordinators on the Staff

Share on your favorite social network:
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someoneGoogle+share on TumblrShare on Reddit

Sponsored by The Fisher Law Firm: Virginia’s DUI and Traffic Defense Firm! We serve the Blacksburg, Fairfax, Richmond areas as well as the rest of Virginia. For a free consultation call us any time, day or evening at 800.680.7031 or email us at info@fisherlegal.com.

fisher_banner_blacksburg

1) With Texas area coaches, will VT recruit down there more? – VTNSC

Chris Coleman: I don’t think so. It’s possible the Hokies could spot recruit the area, but I never see them putting much of a focus on that area of the country.

Though Tech is likely to have two consecutive starting quarterbacks from Texas (Brewer and Jerod Evans), the last high school player the Hokies pursued from the Lone Star State was quarterback TJ Millweard. Millweard committed to Tech and QB coach Mike O’Cain, but he bolted as soon as he got a scholarship from a school closer to home (Arizona State).

The shortest distance from Virginia to Texas, as the crow flies, is 1,261 miles. Some programs have a national name, such as USC, Florida State, Alabama and Ohio State, and they are capable of getting highly-rated prospects to travel great distances to attend school. However, the majority of college football recruiting takes place within

...