National Signing Day For The Class Of 2016: Wednesday, February 3
Recruiting Calendar Through May
– A Contact Period resumed January 14 and runs until January 30. During this time, FBS coaches can visit schools and make in-home visits with class of 2016 recruits. Class of 2016 recruits can make official visits.
– A Quiet Period is January 31.
– A Dead Period is February 1 – February 4.
– A Quiet Period begins February 5 and runs through April 14.
– The Spring Evaluation Period takes place from April 15 through May 31.
CONTACT PERIOD RESUMES; VT LANDS COMMITMENT
As noted above, the Contact Period resumed yesterday and will run through January 30. FBS coaches from all across the country took to the road for the final recruiting stretch before National Signing Day. One of Tech head coach Justin Fuente’s scheduled stops was Bethesda, Maryland, to see Landon School linebacker Keith Simms.
— KS (@kpsyo) January 15, 2016
Simms, a 6’3”, 230-pound senior, has taken official visits to Maryland, Oregon and Virginia Tech, and he is scheduled to take an official to North Carolina this weekend. Coaches Fuente and Foster obviously wanted to get their message across to the talented defender before he headed to Chapel Hill.
Maryland and Mississippi coaches also stopped by Landon School on Thursday.
Also on Thursday…
– Raines (Jacksonville, FL) senior offensive lineman Solomon Kindley tweeted that Virginia Tech has offered him a scholarship. Last night, 6’5”, 330-pound prospect had an in-home visit with Iowa State coaches. Kindley took an official to Iowa State last fall, but that was when Paul Rhoades was head coach.
In addition to Kindley, Virginia Tech has offered two other Raines seniors in defensive end Jaquan Bailey and wide receiver Rick Wells. Both Bailey and Wells are planning to make officials to Virginia Tech next...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here