The Early Signing Period has come and gone. Once again, four class of 2013 prospects signed with the Virginia Tech Hokies and new head coach James Johnson.
– Donte Clark , G, 6’4″, Hargrave Military Academy (Chatham, VA)
– 4-star (ESPN, Rivals), 3-star (Scout.com, 247Sports.com)
– Ben Emelogu , G/F, 6’5″, South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX)
– 3-star (ESPN), Not Rated by Rivals, Scout, and 247Sports
– Maurice Kirby , C, 6’9″, Basha (Chandler, AZ)
– 2-star (ESPN, Rivals, Scout, 247Sports)
– Trevor Thompson , C, 6’11”, St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy (Delafield, WI)
– 3-star (ESPN, Rivals, 247Sports), Not Rated by Scout
At this point, the Hokies have one scholarship left to use in the Spring Signing Period. Including Tech’s new recruits, the 2013 roster now projects as follows:
PG: Marquis Rankin (Jr.)
SG: Robert Brown (Jr.), Adam Smith (Soph.), Donte Clark (Fr.)
SF: Jarell Eddie (Jr.), Ben Emelogu (Fr.)
PF: C.J. Barksdale (Jr.), Joey van Zegeren (Soph.), Marshall Wood (Soph.)
Looking ahead to next season, TSL’s own basketball guru Rev. Zeke Vodka took some time to answer five questions about Tech’s class of 2013 and how they may fit in with the current team.
OF THE FOUR PLAYERS, WHICH ONE DO YOU FEEL WILL MAKE THE BIGGEST IMPACT NEXT SEASON?
Zeke: Oddly enough, the guy that I see as having the greatest impact next year is the person that I see as the final piece of this recruiting class, and his name isn’t known to us yet because that person is still out there somewhere....
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here