A high-profile Thursday night Atlantic Division matchup between Florida State and Louisville highlights this week’s action, as the muddled Coastal continues to work at sorting itself out.
ACC Standings as of Oct. 30, 2014
Thursday Oct. 30, 2014
No. 2 Florida State (7-0, 4-0 ACC) vs. No. 25 Louisville (6-2, 4-2)
- 7:30 p.m. – ESPN
- Seminoles by 4
- The Seminoles haven’t played since Oct. 18, when they held off a Notre Dame comeback and beat the then-No. 5 Fighting Irish 31-27. Louisville has won four of its last five, with the loss coming to Clemson on Oct. 11.
Saturday Nov. 1, 2014
No. 24 Duke (6-1, 2-1) vs. Pittsburgh (4-4, 2-2)
- 12:00 – ESPNU
- Panthers by 3.5
- The Blue Devils’ only loss of the year came on Sept. 27 versus Miami, but they are still underdogs against the 4-4 Panthers. Pittsburgh has lost four of its last five, including a 56-28 thrashing last week to Georgia Tech. The Panthers’ lone win in that stretch is a Thursday night win over struggling Virginia Tech.
Boston College (5-3, 2-2) vs. Virginia Tech (4-4, 1-3)
- 12:30 – ACC Network (split)
- Hokies by 3
- Boston College will try to win two straight games for only the second time this season when they take on the Hokies, whose only home wins this season have come against Western Michigan and William & Mary.
North Carolina (4-4, 2-2) vs. Miami (5-3, 2-2)
- 12:30 p.m. – ACC Network (split)
- Hurricanes by 14.5
- The Hurricanes, who are coming off a 24-point smashing of Virginia Tech last Thursday night, are looking to stay in contention in the Coastal Division. North Carolina, who squeaked by UVa. last week, is trying to do the same.
North Carolina State (4-4, 0-4) vs. Syracuse (3-5, 1-3)
- 3:00 – ESPN3
- Orange by 3.5
- N.C. State hasn’t won since Sept. 20 against Presbyterian. The now 4-4 Wolfpack have lost four in a row, and haven’t won an ACC game since the 2012 season. The Orange have lost five of their last six, including a 10-point loss to Clemson last week.
Virginia (4-4, 2-2) vs. Georgia Tech (6-2, 3-2)
- 3:30 p.m. – ESPNU
- Yellow Jackets by 3.5
- The Cavaliers are looking to stay in the top half of the Coastal Division with a win, which would stop a two-game losing skid. The Yellow Jackets, fresh off a 28-pt win against Pittsburgh, are trying to start a new winning streak.