Tech Talk Live (football and basketball season)
When: Every Monday from 7:00-9:00 during football season, 7:00-8:00 during basketball season.
Where: Click here for a list of radio stations, and to find the link for listening to the show on the Internet (look to the right on the hokiesports.com page that loads when you click the link). You can see the show in person Bull & Bones Brewhaus & Grill in Blacksburg.
Bull & Bones is the Sponsor of our Tech Talk Live Notes
new Tech Talk Live show is broadcast from Bull & Bones Brewhaus and Grill in
the First & Main shopping center in Blacksburg, and TechSideline.com is
pleased to welcome Bull & Bones as sponsor of our Tech Talk Live Notes. Bull
& Bones Brewhaus & Grill is a brewpub with both an upscale dining room
and a separate sports bar with a casual dining area
- Call Ahead Seating: 540-953-BULL(2855)
- Hours: Sun.-Sat. 11am-2am, Sun. Brunch 11am-3pm
- Tech had a good practice on Monday. They also had a 40 minute film session.
The players had good focus and good intensity.
- The Hokies are disappointed because they felt like they had their
opportunities at Duke. They had some empty possessions. You can’t win on the
road against that type of team unless you rebound, and Duke got 23 offensive
rebounds. That’s too many.
- As physical as the Duke game was, the BC game will be even more physical. The
Eagles are probably the most physical team in the ACC right now.
- It’s mind boggling to Greenberg that there is only one ACC team in the Top
25. That is “absolutely insane”.
- Tech got home at 2am on Monday morning from the Duke game. They get on a
plane on Tuesday for Boston College. That’s a tough turnaround.
- J.T. Thompson gives Tech great energy coming off the bench. He likes that
role. You don’t know that Jeff Allen is going to get in foul trouble, so
Greenberg isn’t going to start bringing him off the bench.
- Greenberg was disappointed in Tech’s special situations on Sunday. That’s as
bad as they’ve been in special situations this year. The Hokies need to be more
physical fighting through screens. You can’t let those Duke guys get comfortable
from the outside.
- Duke does a great job of stopping cuts to the ball. The Hokies really wanted
to move them and drive them.
- Tech competed very hard, but they didn’t go there to just compete hard. They
went there to win. The players were very disappointed, and they should be,
because Tech invested a lot in that game. But it is just one game. They have to
learn from it and get mentally ready for Boston College.
- BC is playing much better recently. The Hokies were fortunate to win the
first meeting. Tech is going to have to be very active defensively to get a win.
- Coach K told Greenberg after the game that he was really impressed with what
they’ve done with this Tech team.
- Greenberg is really proud of Cadarian Raines. He has a great work ethic, and
he’s starting to give the Hokies great minutes. He missed 10 weeks in the
preseason. Greenberg can’t even begin to imagine where he would be if he had not
missed those 10 weeks.
- Greenberg emphasizes to Malcolm Delaney that he should use good shot
selection. However, his biggest concern about Delaney right now is that he’s got
to defend. In his next 80 minutes of basketball, he’ll have to guard Reggie
Jackson and Greivis Vasquez. Those guys are very good.
- Good team chemistry is important because it allows your team to grow. Bad
chemistry does the opposite. It becomes a cancer.
- Some have suggested that the Hokies break out their orange jerseys for a home
game this year. Greenberg said they aren’t going to do that because Tech is
undefeated at home this year, and they’ve worn white every time.
- Maryland has a great backcourt, and they are getting good production from
Landon Milbourne as well. They are playing at a high level, and the Hokies will
have their hands full on Saturday.
- The next four games will be a challenge, but the Hokies have to look at them
as an opportunity and enjoy the moment.
Monday was Day 1,913 of Virginia Tech’s continuous possession of the Commonwealth Cup.