Here is the latest “Week In Review” feature, which is a look at how Virginia Tech’s football recruits performed on the field in the previous week.
– Eric Kumah‘s 92-yard touchdown reception put Woodbridge (VA) Forest Park on top of Riverbend, 28-27. The future Hokie receiver then picked off a pass to clinch the win, which boosted the Bruins to 4-1 on the season. Click here for the game story and check out Kumah’s big plays below.
– Troy Pride Jr. scored three touchdowns — two on punt returns (28, 77) and one 50-yard reception — as Greer (S.C.) blasted Eastside, 48-7.
– Spotsylvania (VA) Courtland linebacker/running back Victor Greene made the most of his 10 carries, rushing for 150 yards and two touchdowns as the Cougars (4-1) soundly defeated Liberty (Bealeton), 54-20.
– In a battle of unbeaten teams, Virginia Tech-bound quarterback Joshua Jackson led Saline (MI) to a 37-21 victory over Pioneer last week. Jackson, who has been spectacular all season long, threw for 144 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 69 yards and two touchdowns in the win. The standout signal caller completed 15-of-20 passes.
The Hornets are now 6-0 on the season.
– Quarterback/athlete JoVonn Quillen Jr. helped Hampton (VA) stay undefeated with a 20-3 win over Bethel last night. Quillen had touchdown runs of 60 and 13 yards for the now 5-0 Crabbers.
– Defensive back recruit Myles Wolfolk shined on offense for Upper Marlboro (MD) Wise in a 42-0 win over Flowers last week. The future Hokie hauled in six catches for 66 yards and two touchdowns in the victory, which kept the Pumas undefeated at 5-0.
– Linebacker Emmanuel Belmar recorded at least one sack — it was an important one — as Suwanee (GA) Collins Hill defeated Mountain View, 24-7. The Eagles (3-3) have won three straight, with all three games Region 7-AAAAAA contests.
HOW THE REST OF VT’s RECRUITS FARED LAST WEEK
LOST: Divine Deablo, WR, Winston-Salem (N.C.) Mount Tabor (3-4); Reggie Floyd (S/RB, Class of 2016) and Devante Smith (ATH, Class of 2017), Manassas (VA) Stonewall Jackson (0-6); Phillip Patterson, WR/DB, Virginia Beach (VA) Bayside (4-1)
DID NOT PLAY: Tavante Beckett, LB, Chesapeake (VA) Indian River (4-0); Clay Dean, DT, Purcellville (VA) Woodgrove (4-1); Sam Denmark, WR, Hanahan (S.C.) (3-2); Thomas Jarrett Hopple, OL, Suffolk (VA) Nansemond River (3-1)