Last week we ran Part 1 of a two-part series on Virginia Tech’s history with 4-star recruits from 2009 through 2016, a group totaling 28 recruits. Today we’ll finish it up with Part 2, which will examine whether or not higher-ranked 4-star recruits have had more success at Virginia Tech than lower-ranked 4-star players.
To refresh your memory, we broke down all 28 players into six tiers…
- Tier 1: Multi-Year starter/contributor and NFL Draftee/Player
- Tier 2: Multi-Year starter/contributor but not an NFL Draftee/Player
- Tier 3: Career rotational player/special teams player
- Tier 4: Career backup/special teams player
- Tier 5: Short-term contributor on offense or defense/special teams player but never finished his career
- Tier 6: Never contributed
As it turned out, there were no Tier 3 or Tier 4 players. That’s why I named last week’s article “Boom or Bust”.
This week I’ll...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here