I thought this game was going to be a lot closer, and judging by the poll in our game preview, most of you did as well:
Who will win the Virginia Tech-Purdue game?
- Virginia Tech by 1-9 (37%, 724 Votes)
- Virginia Tech by 10-19 (42%, 810 Votes)
- Virginia Tech by 20+ (7%, 143 Votes)
- Purdue by 1-9 (11%, 206 Votes)
- Purdue by 10-19 (2%, 30 Votes)
- Purdue by 20+ (0%, 7 Votes)
- I dont know/no opinion (1%, 25 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,945
Only 7% of you picked the Hokies by the eventual margin of 20+. Admittedly, that may have been shaped by our cautious preview and conservative predictions of 24-20 and 20-17, but with Brenden Motley starting just his second game, this one on the road against a Power 5 team, the mood was one of cautious optimism.
Instead of a close game, we got treated to a classic dose of Beamerball, with special teams and defensive touchdowns, and the final score of 51-24 doesn’t indicate that the game...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here