The “TSL Pass Recruiting Report” will be a bi-weekly feature catching you up with the latest news and numbers on Virginia Tech football’s class of 2016.
– Spring practice begins next week. Look for recruits to make their way to Blacksburg to catch the Hokies in action.
– Virginia Tech’s Spring Game is Saturday, April 25. Always a big recruiting draw/tool for the Hokies.
– National Signing Day for the class of 2016 will be Wednesday, February 3. The possibility remains that there will be an Early Signing Period implemented in December. That will be voted on this summer.
THE CLASS OF 2016
With quarterback Logan Byrd’s decommitment, Virginia Tech now has seven commitments in the class of 2016. Each one is a skill position player, including three cornerbacks, two wide receivers, one quarterback/defensive back and one safety/running back.
(Note: WR Conner O’Donnell is listed as a commitment on 247Sports but is not listed as a commitment on Rivals. For the purposes of this article I will include him as a commitment, but his status is something to keep in mind.)
– Sam Denmark, WR, Hanahan (S.C.)
– Kareem Felder, CB, St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)
– Reggie Floyd, S/RB, Stonewall Jackson (Manassas, VA)
– Conner ODonnell, WR, Concord First Assembly (Concord, N.C.)
– Troy Pride Jr., CB, Greer (S.C.)
– JoVonn Quillen Jr., QB/ATH, Hampton (VA)
– Myles Wolfolk, CB, Wise (Upper Marlboro, MD)
Scholarship Spots and Offers
This class does not project to be a full 25-player class for the Hokies. At this point, the staff may only have room for 8-12 more commitments. We should get a better idea of the numbers in the spring and summer months, when we find out how much attrition takes place, but at this point this is not expected to be a full class.
Going by those rising senior prospects...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here