Virginia Tech’s win over UVa on Friday night was huge on several fronts. The victory of course extended Tech’s consecutive postseason bowl streak as well as the Hokies’ win streak over the Cavaliers. From a recruiting standpoint, a win was important in kicking off a key football recruiting weekend on a positive note.
So who was in Blacksburg this past weekend? Here is a rundown of some of those we have confirmed so far.
– Five-star Josh Sweat, a defensive end prospect out of Oscar Smith (Chesapeake, VA), made his official visit to Tech.
– Arsenal Tech (Indianapolis, IN) defensive back Adonis Williamson, an uncommitted senior who has an offer from the Hokies, was in Blacksburg this past weekend as well on an official visit.
– Virginia Tech class of 2015 commitments Darius Fullwood, Trevon Hill, Mook Reynolds and Eric Whitehead spent the weekend at Tech. We know Fork Union postgrad prospect and Virginia Tech commit Xavier Burke, 4-star offensive line commitment Austin Clark and Dan River (Ringgold, VA) senior linebacker commit Tremaine Edmunds were also at Tech last week.
– Class of 2016 quarterback commit Logan Byrd made the trek to Lane Stadium last Friday night.
– From what we have heard, Hillsborough...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here