All Hokie, All the Time. Period.

Virginia Tech Football Board

GreenvilleVT

Joined: 8/31/07 Posts: 4036
Likes: 3193


According to an article in today’s Wall St Journal


Colleges are taking a variety of approaches to figure out how to seat football games this year. Wisconsin is allowing folks to defer until next year and keep the same seats for a $50 charge. Other schools likely to focus on high end donors to fill the available seats. Didn’t really address students, but if they are on campus how do you not allocate them seats.

They quoted a football stadium designer as saying schools could operate at 10% or capacity by keeping luxury suites open and make just as much revenue as having the other 90% to the stadium there. Not sure that would work as many suite owners may not want their whole suite. And I would think some companies might rethink suites this year. But the revenue split between the suites and normal seating is interesting.

The article is on a pay site so I can’t share.

Will be interesting to see what scalpers get for tickets this year if we end up at half capacity or less.

Posted: 06/30/2020 at 11:27AM



+1

Insert a Link

Enter the title of the link here:


Enter the full web address of the link here -- include the "http://" part:


Current Thread:
   According to an article in today’s Wall St Journal -- GreenvilleVT 06/30/2020 11:27AM

Our Sponsors


Shop Our TSL Affiliate Links!


vm311