A look at this week’s ACC gridiron clashes.
ACC Standings, as of Oct. 23, 2014
Thursday Oct. 23, 2014
Miami (4-3, 1-2 ACC) vs. Virginia Tech (4-3, 1-2)
- 8 p.m. – ESPN
- Line: Hurricanes by 2.5
- The Hurricanes are trying to win on the road for the first time this season. They’ve lost to ACC opponents Louisville and Georgia Tech away from home in addition to Nebraska. The Hokies’ only home wins this season have come against Western Michigan and William & Mary.
Saturday Oct. 25, 2014
North Carolina (3-4, 1-2) vs. Virginia (4-3, 2-1)
- 12:30 p.m. – ACC Network
- Line: Cavaliers by 7
- The Tar Heels got back to winning last week, upsetting Georgia Tech after losing four straight. The Cavaliers and Duke were tied at 13 heading into the 4th quarter of last week’s game, but the Blue Devils pulled away to hand Virginia its first ACC loss of the season.
Boston College (4-3, 1-2) vs. Wake Forest (2-5, 0-3)
- 3:30 p.m. – ESPN3
- Line: Eagles by 13
- The Eagles have just one winning-streak of two or more games this season, and are trying to avoid losing two straight for the first time this season. The Demon Deacons have lost three in a row since a 24-21 win over Army.
Georgia Tech (5-2, 2-2) vs. Pittsburgh (4-3, 2-1 )
- 3:30 p.m. – ESPNU
- Line: Panthers by 3
- The Yellow Jackets started their 2014 campaign 5-0 but lost two in a row to ACC foes Duke and North Carolina. Pittsburgh improved to over .500 in both their overall and ACC record with a win last week over Virginia Tech.
Syracuse (3-4, 1-2) vs. No. 21 Clemson (5-2, 4-1)
- 7 p.m. – ESPNU
- Line: Tigers by 14.5
- Syracuse broke a streak of four straight losses with a 30-7 win over Wake Forest last week. Clemson won its fourth consecutive game with a four-point win over Boston College.
Off: Duke, Louisville, Florida State, NC State