Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How was the attendance for our first regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie'79 View Post
    Decent considering the weather and all the other stuff going on around the Roanoke and New River Valleys

Considering all the other stuff going on? Really? Sorry, but hosting a small NCAA baseball regional should be able to stand on its own, regardless of other events going on in the area. If it can't then VT shouldn't look to host another if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 133743Hokie View Post
    Considering all the other stuff going on? Really? Sorry, but hosting a small NCAA baseball regional should be able to stand on its own, regardless of other events going on in the area. If it can't then VT shouldn't look to host another if given the chance.
    Blue Ridge Music Festival in Salem, Second weekend of Roanoke's Festival 2013, Wine Festival of Virginia Tech, VT Football Ladies Clinic, Weddings all over town every two hours in every chapel and church, high school graduations all over the Commonwealth. These plans are made weeks or months in advance and are not easy to change. I went to three of the four games but could not make Saturday afternoon due to niece's graduation.

By the way...were you there?

Again, so much going on that 4k out of the whole area couldn't make it? That's my point. It doesn't take a big crowd to fill it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    Blue Ridge Music Festival in Salem, Second weekend of Roanoke's Festival 2013, Wine Festival of Virginia Tech, VT Football Ladies Clinic, Weddings all over town every two hours in every chapel and church, high school graduations all over the Commonwealth. These plans are made weeks or months in advance and are not easy to change. I went to three of the four games but could not make Saturday afternoon due to niece's graduation.

Nope. Don't live in the area.

Nope. Don't live in the area.
    Ahhh, but I drove halfway across the state for a graduation and came back for more baseball. 2.5 hours each way. Only missed one of the four. I drove to Durham TWICE for baseball games last week.

Tallahassee, FL (Tallahassee is a native American word meaning Old Town.from the mound at Lake Jaxon
    If it can't then VT shouldn't look to host another if given the chance.
    Kinda certain that hosting the regional and super regional is based on overall seed in the tournament. Win those and you're goin' to Omaha!
    How bout dem HOKIES!

That's what the UVA fans say when they average 44 thousand in a 62 thousand seat stadium and stink every year. No support, no buzz, no wins, no program.