We had the 2nd baseman and shortstop covering 2nd base on that safety squeeze

nobody covering first base.
    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan

The 2nd baseman was out of place. Not surprising. He just doesn't have it between the ears to compete at this level

Quote Originally Posted by Nortazhokie View Post
    nobody covering first base.
    We had another weird defensive scheme in another game. Runner on first, no, or one outs. I think it was the Coastal Carolina game, but may have been the first UConn game. They bunt, we have the 3rd basemen running to cover 2nd, and the SS running to cover 3rd.

That much movement is not good. Guys just don't field that well moving.

That simply made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by just2selltickets View Post
    We had another weird defensive scheme in another game. Runner on first, no, or one outs. I think it was the Coastal Carolina game, but may have been the first UConn game. They bunt, we have the 3rd basemen running to cover 2nd, and the SS running to cover 3rd.

That much movement is not good. Guys just don't field that well moving.

That simply made no sense.
    Are you sure that's what happened. I've seen some weird/funny stuff umping Babe Ruth youth baseball but can't imagine what you just described.

Quote Originally Posted by moonda View Post
    The 2nd baseman was out of place. Not surprising. He just doesn't have it between the ears to compete at this level
    But that's pre-high school basics!