Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    Join Date
    January 08, 2002
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    16,926

    This game encapsulates what being a Hokie fan is like...

    Game in control until...ump steals 2 runs, they hit the holes, we make a couple critical errors, just miss scoring on a one in a hundred throw by CF.
    I'm just waiting for the next bomb to drop every time I watch any VT team in a big game

  2. #2

    Join Date
    January 08, 2002
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    16,926
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Game in control until...ump steals 2 runs, they hit the holes, we make a couple critical errors, just miss scoring on a one in a hundred throw by CF.
    I'm just waiting for the next bomb to drop every time I watch any VT team in a big game
    Boom, there it is...better fundamental baseball team is going to Baton Rouge to get slaughtered

  3. #3
    bburgnative's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18, 2003
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Game in control until...ump steals 2 runs, they hit the holes, we make a couple critical errors, just miss scoring on a one in a hundred throw by CF.
    I'm just waiting for the next bomb to drop every time I watch any VT team in a big game
    Hokies have absolutely beaten themselves tonight. Too many knucklehead errors.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Location
    Powhatan
    Posts
    393
    Yep, OK can handle the bat and run the bases. We can't.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    October 23, 2002
    Posts
    139
    Don't Sell OU Short ...

    ... they have one of the best pitcher's in the country, that we didn't see.

  6. #6
    91HokieBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16, 1999
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley
    Posts
    1,998
    My sentiments exactly. Next tough bomb is Bama on 31 AUG. Yay... But, there is always hope and still love VT! At least we got to and hosted a regional. Trying to be positive...
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Game in control until...ump steals 2 runs, they hit the holes, we make a couple critical errors, just miss scoring on a one in a hundred throw by CF.
    I'm just waiting for the next bomb to drop every time I watch any VT team in a big game

  7. #7

    Join Date
    January 08, 2002
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    16,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
    Don't Sell OU Short ...

    ... they have one of the best pitcher's in the country, that we didn't see.
    Good point, they could win 2 on the strength of their #1 and #2 pitchers

  8. #8

    Join Date
    November 17, 2000
    Posts
    1,192
    This has been this teams MO all season long. Lots of mistakes, offense bails you out. Hokies had a great year but it is very obivious there is alot of work to be done if VT is going to compete on a national level.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    1,471
    Sorry I have to say this because I am so proud of this team for showing their game and going this far, most teams that they have played and beaten were much better on paper. Coach deserve much credit for their success, but the most critical comment tonight, Hughes on TV says Horan decided to steal 3rd on his own with no outs, not his fault. Coach that play was not Horan's fault, it was your fault for not teaching these players what is smart aggressive baseball and what is a stupid non percentage play. I know it is your fault because our base running has been awful all year by several players, time and again. Also get a pitching coach who can tell when a pitcher has lost it, you don't seem to have a clue. I am so proud of the effort each one of VT starting pitchers gave, other coaches see the problem before it erupts into a big inning. You have to stick with pitchers too long because you haven't develop relief pitchers to come in and face one or two batters. Our relievers and closers come in for too many pitches and aren't effectively available again for the series. By the way pitching is developed during the non conferece games and early in the season. I know there are other pitchers who could of have given that spot releif, but were never given the opportunity to develop their skills as they develop as college pitchers. Get a coach who can.

  10. #10
    Are you serious with this stuff?

    Quote Originally Posted by rtp_hokie67 View Post
    Sorry I have to say this because I am so proud of this team for showing their game and going this far, most teams that they have played and beaten were much better on paper. Coach deserve much credit for their success, but the most critical comment tonight, Hughes on TV says Horan decided to steal 3rd on his own with no outs, not his fault. Coach that play was not Horan's fault, it was your fault for not teaching these players what is smart aggressive baseball and what is a stupid non percentage play. I know it is your fault because our base running has been awful all year by several players, time and again. Also get a pitching coach who can tell when a pitcher has lost it, you don't seem to have a clue. I am so proud of the effort each one of VT starting pitchers gave, other coaches see the problem before it erupts into a big inning. You have to stick with pitchers too long because you haven't develop relief pitchers to come in and face one or two batters. Our relievers and closers come in for too many pitches and aren't effectively available again for the series. By the way pitching is developed during the non conferece games and early in the season. I know there are other pitchers who could of have given that spot releif, but were never given the opportunity to develop their skills as they develop as college pitchers. Get a coach who can.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •