Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    All that cash lying around is sure to tempt someone...

Quote Originally Posted by VTick View Post
    Ticket Office and walk-up only. UVa has their online up and running, selling out of preferred parking already.

Per HokieSports.com:
    Tickets will be sold Wednesday & Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Lane Stadium Ticket Office.
    Everyone is encouraged to purchase tickets in advance.
    Ticket sales on game day will begin two (2) hours prior the the first game of the day. Tickets sold at English Field on game day will be CASH ONLY. Please plan on arriving early to avoid long lines at the gates.

The ticket office is a dinosaur.

Dear Hokie Club and VT Ticket Office,

Upgrade your technology, service your customer base, update your policies from the 1980ís, replace key staff that refuse to change Ö COMPETE, for heavenís sake, like the rest of the working world.

Passionately,

Hokie Nation
    That I may Serve is more than a motto at VT....

So if I am charge of a company and we find out Sunday night that we have landed a big event, it is all hands on board meeting to get ready for this HUGE HISTORICAL event. Yes, it is a holiday weekend but how many of you did a little work over the weekend. Instead, it appears that the VT ticket office takes the path of least resistance and inconveniences out of town alumni. Come on JW, make this thing happen the right way.

- LOOKS LIKE AN EXCELLENT WAY TO MAKE SURE N C A A WOULD NEVER ALLOW VT TO HOST AGAIN IN THE FUTURE... CERTAINLY MANY OF WEALTHIEST CONTRIBUTORS & BIG GIVERS DON'T LIVE IN BBURG. UNLESS SOME SECRETIVE BEHIND THE SCENES ADVANCE RESERVATION TICKET BUYING PROCESS FOR THAT GROUP OF DONORS IS NOT ACCOMODATED......EXPECT AN ARMAGEDDON TO TAKE PLACE FOR PRESIDENT, BOV, ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, ETC ETC.
    CERTAINLY COMES ACROSS AS UNFAIR, ARCHAIC, AND SUICIDAL (in terms of a university administration shooting itself in the head)

PAYBACKS CAN BE HELL IF BIG ALUMS & DONORS BOXED OUT AND/OR FORCED TO MAKE SPECIAL DRIVE TO BBURG -IN ADVANCE - TO STAND IN LINE & BUY TICKETS ---GOD HELP EVERYONE IF THEY RUN OUT AFTER WAITING IN LINE. I'M SURE THE OTHER COMPETING SCHOOLS FANS & ADMINISTRATION NOT BEING FORCED TO DRIVE TO BBURG IN ADVANCE IN ORDER TO SUPPORT THEIR TEAM. UNLESS THIS IS STRAIGHTENED OUT---DON'T EXPECT VT TO HOST 2ND ROUND IF THEY GET THAT FAR.
    Last edited by dna-vt; Mon May 27 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 48tnhokie View Post
    Got it covered but thanks,stepson stepped up
    Glad you got your tickets. I just don't think there will be much of a problem, but even if there is, VT baseball is hosting a regional. That trumps everything and high demand for baseball tickets at VT can only be a very good thing. I also think that it is funny that even at this high point for VT baseball we have so many people complaining yet again. For many of them, absolutely nothing Virginia Tech does will be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Glad you got your tickets. I just don't think there will be much of a problem, but even if there is, VT baseball is hosting a regional. That trumps everything and high demand for baseball tickets at VT can only be a very good thing. I also think that it is funny that even at this high point for VT baseball we have so many people complaining yet again. For many of them, absolutely nothing Virginia Tech does will be good enough.
    Actually...I've thought about this some more, and I guess I'd be pretty surprised if this sold out. I mean, right? Surely they wouldn't be doing it this way if they thought there was a chance that a bunch of VT fans would drive in from out of town and be turned away at the gate. Certainly the Friday 5:30 game would be a tough game to sellout. Sat/Sun, maybe?

I dunno. I'm going to dial back my e-outrage here until I have a better sense of the real ticket demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    Seriously? They announced at 9 pm on Sunday. Today is a federal holiday. Yet somehow you think they can have an instantly online system to sell at a stadium that they don't have a template for? That is really your position?

I actually do this for a living. There is no way you would go live with a new online system like that overnight. What is frightening is people don't actually understand how much work this really is.

If they had a currently developed ticketing system for English Field, it would be different. But that isn't something that you develop in a few hours over a Sunday and federal Holiday!
    They put in an application to host a regional a while back. You don't think they anticipated needing to sell tickets then?

I think this is an embarassment.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Ticket Office and walk-up only. UVa has their online up and running, selling out of preferred parking already.

Per HokieSports.com:
    Tickets will be sold Wednesday & Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Lane Stadium Ticket Office.
    Ticket sales on game day will begin two (2) hours prior the the first game of the day. Tickets sold at English Field on game day will be CASH ONLY. Please plan on arriving early to avoid long lines at the gates.

Upgrade your technology, service your customer base, update your policies from the 1980ís, replace key staff that refuse to change Ö COMPETE, for heavenís sake, like the rest of the working world.

Passionately,

Hokie Nation
    LOL, cash only?! This is why we're made fun of as a cow college. That is totally unacceptable in this day and age for such a massive operation.

I cannot believe that ticket sales are CASH only. How antiquated is this.

Again, another aspect of Athletic department being cheap and cannot keep up with the times.

Per HokieSports.com:

Passionately,

Hokie Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I cannot believe that ticket sales are CASH only. How antiquated is this.

Again, another aspect of Athletic department being cheap and cannot keep up with the times.
    I think no-online or no phone orders (if that is the case) is ridiculous.

Requiring cash only the day of the game at the field is not that big a deal to me. they are 5,10, and 15 bucks. Shouldn't be that hard to have that cash on you if you buy at the door.

The copy written for the ticket sales on the web page is awful. Too many questions left unanswered.
    Last edited by Rudy 2; Tue May 28 2013 at 08:28 AM.