Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by VTPhreak4evr View Post
    If not, I would be pissed if I was one of the other three teams. But yea, VT fans should be able to get all the tickets they want, especially if it is indeed walk-up sales only.
    Players get six tickets each. They leave the names on a list. That ought to take care of family and close friends for the out of town teams. You have to show your ID. If you are not on the list and you are with an opposing school, you will have to buy your tickets through whatever means possible.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    November 25, 1999
    Posts
    1,115

    Are we big time or not? I think it is their job to be prepared for all possibilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by SWVAHokie View Post
    I hate to defend the VT ticket office, but do you really think its fair to compare our situation with the Hoos?
    They have had weeks to set up the ticket sales, and we found out last night. Three weeks ago, we were still hoping to win enough to make the tourney, who in heck could have foreseen a run like this.
    Our ticket office is not "big time."

    Go HOKIES!

  3. #13

    Join Date
    November 04, 2008
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    How so? How difficult will it be to stand in line and buy a ticket?
    Are people gonna drive down and take the risk they can't get in? Or at least get a seat?

  4. #14

    Join Date
    November 10, 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,497
    Should be brought up with JW. No one is going to make that drive without the assurance of a ticket.

    Quote Originally Posted by VTick View Post
    Ticket Office and walk-up only. UVa has their online up and running, selling out of preferred parking already.

    Per HokieSports.com:
    Tickets will be sold Wednesday & Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Lane Stadium Ticket Office.
    Everyone is encouraged to purchase tickets in advance.
    Ticket sales on game day will begin two (2) hours prior the the first game of the day. Tickets sold at English Field on game day will be CASH ONLY. Please plan on arriving early to avoid long lines at the gates.

    The ticket office is a dinosaur.


    Dear Hokie Club and VT Ticket Office,

    Upgrade your technology, service your customer base, update your policies from the 1980ís, replace key staff that refuse to change Ö COMPETE, for heavenís sake, like the rest of the working world.

    Passionately,

    Hokie Nation
    Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it

  5. #15

    Join Date
    October 21, 2005
    Posts
    22,994
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorpshokie View Post
    Should be brought up with JW. No one is going to make that drive without the assurance of a ticket.
    Bingo....therein lies the genius. Ensures a strong home field advantage. Kudos to them...IMO...

  6. #16

    Join Date
    July 27, 2007
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorpshokie View Post
    Should be brought up with JW. No one is going to make that drive without the assurance of a ticket.
    You expect JW and Sandy Smith to actually work for their pay? It won't happen.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    October 21, 2005
    Posts
    22,994
    Quote Originally Posted by VTick View Post
    Ticket Office and walk-up only. UVa has their online up and running, selling out of preferred parking already.

    Per HokieSports.com:
    Tickets will be sold Wednesday & Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Lane Stadium Ticket Office.
    Everyone is encouraged to purchase tickets in advance.
    Ticket sales on game day will begin two (2) hours prior the the first game of the day. Tickets sold at English Field on game day will be CASH ONLY. Please plan on arriving early to avoid long lines at the gates.

    The ticket office is a dinosaur.


    Dear Hokie Club and VT Ticket Office,

    Upgrade your technology, service your customer base, update your policies from the 1980ís, replace key staff that refuse to change Ö COMPETE, for heavenís sake, like the rest of the working world.

    Passionately,

    Hokie Nation
    Psst...the machinery is in place to sell tix on-line. I bought NIT tix on-line a few years ago. They're not selling on-line because the don't want to...not because they can't.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    October 21, 2005
    Posts
    22,994
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieJ View Post
    Day of game?!? It's the 21st century. People can take credit cards on their smart phones. VT is running a multi million dollar corporation. Act like it.
    Of course they COULD offer them on-line. Heck, if they did, they'd probably be sold out already, with a huge number going to Sooners, et. al. This is much better, no?

  9. #19
    Melbourne Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 01, 2005
    Location
    In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Posts
    43,158
    Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    Psst...the machinery is in place to sell tix on-line. I bought NIT tix on-line a few years ago. They're not selling on-line because the don't want to...not because they can't.
    Are you so sure about this? Do they even sell baseball tickets? When I was at VT it was free and no ticket was necessary. It could be that they are not setup to sell baseball tickets online. (And just because you could buy basketball tickets online, it does not follow that they can sell baseball tickets online.)

  10. #20

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by VTick View Post
    Ticket Office and walk-up only. UVa has their online up and running, selling out of preferred parking already.

    Per HokieSports.com:
    Tickets will be sold Wednesday & Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Lane Stadium Ticket Office.
    Everyone is encouraged to purchase tickets in advance.
    Ticket sales on game day will begin two (2) hours prior the the first game of the day. Tickets sold at English Field on game day will be CASH ONLY. Please plan on arriving early to avoid long lines at the gates.

    The ticket office is a dinosaur.


    Dear Hokie Club and VT Ticket Office,

    Upgrade your technology, service your customer base, update your policies from the 1980ís, replace key staff that refuse to change Ö COMPETE, for heavenís sake, like the rest of the working world.

    Passionately,

    Hokie Nation
    How much is this a VT problem or NCAA problem?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •