March 20 is a big day for Virginia Tech. The university is launching its first ever annual “Virginia Tech Giving Day” to encourage alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends to donate to Virginia Tech.
Giving Day starts at noon on Tuesday, March 20 and runs through noon on Wednesday, March 21. The goal, according to Virginia Tech, is to “engage our community to advance the mission of the university while raising critical funding to ensure we continue to build upon our foundations to provide big opportunities for our students.”
What program or part of the university are you encouraged to donate towards? Anything. Any cause, any department, and any part of the university, whether academic, athletic, or otherwise.
One interesting part about Giving Day is the number of individuals and corporations who have stepped forward to provide matching gifts for various causes. Donate towards a particular cause, and there are alumni, staff and friends waiting to match your donations.
Virginia Tech Giving Day Information Sources
- To learn about Giving Day as a whole and to view dollar matching opportunities, check out the Virginia Tech Giving Day home page
- To learn about opportunities to donate to Virginia Tech Athletics and to review related challenges, check out the Virginia Tech Giving Day: Athletics home page.
- The Hokie Club’s Drive for 25 is a TSL sponsor, and you can learn more and donate to it by clicking this link.
- The Southeast Regional Training Center that is affiliated with the Virginia Tech Wrestling program is a TSL sponsor, and you can learn more and donate to it by clicking this link.
- To learn more about challenges and dollar matching opportunities, click here.
- For an FAQ on Giving Day, click here.
Be sure to use the hashtag #VTGivingDay on social media, and remember, Giving Day runs from noon Tuesday to noon Wednesday.