Virginia Tech has released details of their practice on Tuesday, April 18th, which is open to students.
Here are the important facts:
- Open to current Virginia Tech students with a valid student ID.
- Enter Lane Stadium via Gate 6, starting at 6:30 PM.
- View practice from the lower level of the west stands (press box side).
- The first 2,000 Virginia Tech students who have renewed their student season tickets will receive a complimentary stadium blanket as they depart the stadium.
- Restroom facilities will be open, but no concessions will be available.
- Students will receive five points if they check in using the Gobbler Student Rewards app.
- Still photography is allowed, but no video can be shot during the practice session.
- Following the conclusion of practice, students will be permitted on the field for 15 minutes to take selfies with football players, but no autographs are permitted.
- Students can share their pictures from practice on social media using the hashtag #ThisIsHome. The best submissions will be displayed on the video scoreboard at Lane Stadium and shared via @VT_Football on Twitter.
The Virginia Tech spring game is the following Saturday, April 22nd, at 2:30 PM (no TV, admission is free).
For the full press release on Tuesday’s open practice, click here.
For information on the spring game format, click here.