BLACKSBURG – Virginia Tech Athletics announced on Sunday that it is making plans to potentially host a game at Lane Stadium against Marshall on Saturday, Dec. 1.
The outcome of Tech’s game with UVA on Friday will determine a possible 12th game. With a victory over UVA on Friday, Nov. 23, a game WILL BE held at Lane Stadium on Saturday, Dec. 1, with a noon ET kickoff.
If the Hokies do not secure their fifth win of the year on Friday and do not have an opportunity to become bowl eligible, the game on Dec. 1 vs. Marshall WILL NOT be played.
Hokie Club members, suite and club seat holders and all season-ticket holders will be advised of pertinent ticketing details via email in addition to all specifics being communicated on HokieSports.com once determined.
In the event that a home game at Lane Stadium is scheduled for Dec. 1, the following ticket options will be available for fans:
Dec. 1 Gameday Central Link
- Due to the short turnaround before the game, all seats will be General Admission (excluding suites) and all tickets will be delivered via email.
- Suite holders will be contacted separately to discuss options.
Ticket Pricing Information
- Virginia Tech students will receive a free ticket by utilizing normal student ticket lottery process
- $25 for standard seats
- $50 for club seats (If any club seats remain after the presale, only Hokie Club members and season ticket holders will have access to order the remaining seats).
- $75 for suite tickets
Additional Ticketing Information
- No later than Tuesday, Nov. 20, season ticket holders will receive an email with pre-order instructions.
- Season-ticket holders will be able to preorder up to the same number of seats that they ordered for the 2018 season as season tickets. All tickets ordered will be automatically charged to the credit card on file within 48 hours after the conclusion of the game against UVA (in the event the Dec. 1 game will be played).
- Tickets will be made available to everyone on Monday, Nov. 26, following this protocol:
- 10 a.m. – Hokie Ambassador, Hokie Scholar and Hokie Stone members are able to order additional seats.
- 12 p.m. – Hokie Club members and season ticket holders are able to order additional seats
- 2 p.m. – All remaining tickets are available to the public (excluding premium seating areas).
- Hokie Club members and season ticket holders who have season long parking passes should retain their parking pass after the UVA game and use the same pass for admittance into the lot for the game against Marshall.
- Parking protocol will remain the same (for example, if you had space No. 123 in Lot 1 for the 2018 season, you will be able to park in that space for the game on December 1 using the pass from the UVA game).
- Cash parking lots will remain the same and will operate under the same guidelines.
Additionally, should Tech proceed with a noon ET kickoff in football vs. Marshall, tip off for the men’s basketball game vs. Central Connecticut State would move to 5 p.m. ET. That basketball contest is currently slated for a 1 p.m. ET tipoff at Cassell Coliseum and will remain at 1 p.m. ET if a home football game is not played on Dec. 1.
Virginia Tech was originally slated to host East Carolina on Sept. 15, while Marshall was scheduled to play at South Carolina on that date. A potential game on Dec. 1 would serve as 12th game for both teams.
Tech owns a 10-2 all-time record against Marshall, including wins in the last eight meetings dating back to 1951. The series began in 1913 with Marshall’s victories coming in 1939 and 1940 in a pair of games played in Huntington, WV.