BLACKSBURG – Virginia Tech Athletics officials are now beginning the process of refunding all tickets purchased for the home football game against East Carolina University scheduled for Sept. 15.
“We would like to thank our fans for their patience,” Tech Director of Athletics Whit Babcock said. “We will continue to explore and evaluate options for this year as practical, and into the future. We’ll keep evaluating and give our best for Virginia Tech and the Hokies. We will make more details available once they are determined and finalized.”
Important details for fans holding tickets to the cancelled Sept. 15 game:
- All credit card orders will be automatically refunded to the card that was used for the initial purchase.
- All check and cash orders will be refunded by check to the account that made the purchase.
- Individuals who purchased single-game tickets for the Sept. 15 contest at the ticket office window at Lane Stadium with a check or cash for the game against ECU you will need to contact the Ticket Office at [email protected] to explore refund options.
- All tickets ordered through StubHub, Virginia Tech’s official secondary market partner, will be refunded by Stub Hub.
- All tickets ordered through other secondary marketplaces will also be refunded. Individuals who purchased tickets via secondary markets other than StubHub should contact those vendors directly to inquire about their refund.
- Patrons should expect refunds to appear on their credit card statements within three to six weeks, depending on how long their financial institution takes to release the refund.
- Patrons with additional questions are encouraged to contact the Ticket Office at (540) 231-6731 or 1-800-828-3244.