Tremaine Edmunds didn’t have to wait very long to hear his name called in the 2018 NFL Draft, going No. 16 to the Buffalo Bills.
Edmunds becomes the first Virginia Tech inside linebacker to be drafted since Xavier Adibi was selected by the Houston Texans in the fourth round in 2008. Edmunds was drafted higher than any linebacker in Virginia Tech history, and he is the sixth-highest draft choice in the history of Virginia Tech football:
- Bruce Smith, 1985: No. 1 overall
- Michael Vick, 2001: No. 1
- DeAngelo Hall, 2004: No. 8
- Eugene Chung, 1992: No. 13
- Kyle Fuller, 2014: No. 14
- Tremaine Edmunds, 2018: No. 16
(Source: Hokies in the NFL Draft, hokiesports.com)
As the No. 16 pick, Edmunds will sign a contract worth approximately $12.66 million in total value, with a signing bonus of $7.29 million, per this link from spotrac.com.