There’s a lot going on this weekend in addition to the Spring Game. Here’s a
quick rundown of some events you might be interested in, hosted by TSL or TSL
sponsors. We’re having our usual Spring Game Tailgate (which we’ve been
promoting on the message boards for a couple weeks), so read on to find the
specifics on that and more.
Friday Night – Bud Foster signing at Campus Emporium
TSL partner Campus Emporium is having a big two-hour event headlined by an
autograph session with defensive coordinator Bud Foster. The event runs from
5:00-7:00 at their new South Main Street location (in Blacksburg
Square on South Main Street across from Kroger) and features the following:
- Time: 5:00-7:00
- Location: 1337 South Main Street, Blacksburg
- Bud Foster signing: 5:30-7:00
- Hokie Bird appearance: 5:00-6:30
- 105.3 The Bear “bearcasting” live
- Enter for a chance to win a Harley-Davidson Sportster XL 1200 from 105.3
and New River Harley-Davidson
For more information, please click
Saturday Morning – TSL Spring Game Tailgate
We’ll be having our annual Spring Game Tailgate again, for the … 14th (?)
year in a row. We have no clue how many of them we’ve had, honestly. Here are
- Time: 10:00 AM – game time (2:00)
- Location: The back row of the lower section of Lot 5 (Chicken Hill). Look
for a white Chevy Tahoe with license plates 73CORPS, flying a VT banner high
in the air.
- TSL will provide: pork BBQ, buns, utensils, plates, napkins, cups and ice
will be provided. A grill will be available for those who wish to cook their
own hamburgers, hotdogs, etc.
- You need to bring: your own beverages, and everyone is encouraged to
contribute a side dish, dessert, veggie tray, etc. to round out the
- As usual, to help defray costs, there will be a donation jar at the
tailgate. Please chip in and help us pay our expenses! Leftover funds will
be donated to Bud
Foster’s Lunch Pail Defense Foundation, so be
Saturday Afternoon – Virginia Tech Spring Football Game
Yes, you know about this, but there are important details this year about
where to sit, so pay attention!
- Time: 2:00-4:00
- Location: Lane Stadium
- Admission: Free, concession will be available
- Stadium Entry: Gates 2-6 open at noon
- Closed sections: South end zone upper deck and East stands upper section
will be closed. SEZ lower section and East lower section will be open.
(That’s the way we interpret the information on VT’s
Football Spring Game Day Central page.)
- Parking: Lot 1 (Cassell) will open at 7 AM. Lot 4 (track) will open at 10
AM. Other lots will be open at all times. Fans may park in designated spots
in any lot. If you park in the grass or a non-designated spot, you will be
ticketed. Lot 3 is reserved for handicapped parking.
- Postgame autograph session: East sidelines after the game. Ends 1 hour
after the game ends.
Saturday Night – 1st Annual Spring Lunch Pail Party With Bud Foster
The Lunch Pail Defense Foundation invites you to the 1st Annual Spring Pail
Party on April 23rd from 6-10pm at the Holiday Inn-Blacksburg (900 Price’s Fork
Road in Blacksburg)!
Defensive Coordinator Bud Foster and a panel of Virginia Tech all-stars will
take part in a discussion emceed by Will Stewart of TechSideline.com. Guests can
then participate in a Q&A session to follow.
“After Party and Silent Auction” will follow with a limited number
of tickets available. Proceeds will benefit Bud Foster’s Lunch Pail Defense
Anticipated guests include: Macho Harris, DeAngelo Hall, Brandon Flowers,
Justin Harper & Brenden Hill
General Admission tickets are $15. This includes admission to Interview and Q
& A with Coach Foster and Panel, a free “Got Bud?” drink koozie and a
VIP tickets are $150 (just $75 for children and young adults). This includes
admission to Interview and Q & A with Coach Foster and Panel as well as
admission to the “After Party & Silent Auction”, which includes a
professional photograph with Coach Foster while you mingle with other A-List
guests and bid on some truly excellent collector’s items.
Chris Colston’s Hokie Football Annual 2011 Goes on Sale
This year’s Hokie Football Annual (HFA) will be on sale inside Lane Stadium
before and during the game. It will also be available at University Bookstore,
Volume 2 Bookstore and Tech Bookstore, in conjunction with the Michael
Vick/Bryan Randall/Tyrod Taylor signing from 10:30-noon.
HFA author Chris Colston will also be signing copies at Tech Bookstore from
The 2011 HFA is bigger by 16 pages (128 in all), more affordable ($14.99) is
in full color, and has more features than the premiere edition. It’s less like a
media guide and more like a year-round guide to all things Hokie.
Inside you will find:
- A ROUND-TABLE discussion of the state of the football program with Chris
Coleman of TechSideline.com and Darryl Slater of the Richmond
- Expert EXAMINATION of Frank Beamer’s STAFF SHAKEUPS.
- An IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS of Virginia Tech’s RECRUITING with state experts.
- 10 things you’ll never hear at a TECH TAILGATE.
- Why BRUCE SMITH bleeds orange and maroon.
- 25 Rules for Hokie Fans (OK, they’re more like guidelines than actual
- John Moody’s All-TIME TECH team.
- RATING Virginia Tech’s UNIFORMS.
- David Wilson’s parents talk about what he was like as a child.
- Interviews with former greats Jim Pyne, DeAngelo Hall, Macho Harris, Will
Montgomery, Chris Malone and Tyrod Taylor.
- Jud Dunlevy’s 2007 REWIND.
- Information-packed depth charts for every position.
- Virginia Tech’s greatest moments in Scott Stadium.
- A colorful recap of the 2009 ACC title season.
- PLUS: 2011 Predictions, Tech Traditions, updates on all NFL Hokies, an
official Autograph page, a tribute to Lane Stadium, Hokie Super Heroes, the
“true” story behind “Old Hokie,” and much more!
All of this will be available to you this weekend. We hope it’s just the
thing to get you through the spring and summer until Tech embarks on its quest
for a fifth ACC football title.
If you can’t make it to Blacksburg for the spring game, you can order your
copy at http://www.chriscolston.com.