SportsWar, TechSideline.com’s parent company, is pleased to introduce a new feature to our web sites: Notifications. To support this, we have redesigned our header.
Revamped Site Header
We have redesigned the header of our sites slightly. If you’re not a registered user and/or you’re not logged in, you won’t see any difference. It’ll still say “Login | Sign Up” in the black header area. (What? You’re not signed up? Why not? Never mind … that’s a conversation for another time.)
If you’re logged in, however, the display has changed. Instead of “Welcome, [Your Name] | Log out | Account” you should now see your avatar, your username, and … a bell.
Here are the changes:
- We removed the “Welcome” greeting, to gain more room.
- We display a rounded version of your avatar — In the example shown, SportsWar has no avatar, so the Mystery Man avatar is showing.
- We removed the direct “Log out” link — to log out now, click your username, then click Logout on the next screen.
- We added a “Notifications” bell, with a red number, to indicate if you have any Notifications.
What are Notifications?
Notifications inform you, Twitter and Facebook-style, if anyone is interacting with you on the message boards.
Right now, we’re starting simple: it’s message board notifications only, and only if one of two things happens.
- We’ll notify you if someone “likes” one of your posts.
- We’ll notify you if someone replies to one of your posts.
(So to get any notifications at this point, you have to be an active message board poster.)
To see your Notifications, click the bell (touch on smart phone or tablet). This will open up a small dropdown, with your Notifications listed.
There’s a “See All” link at the bottom of your Notifications that will take you to a separate screen where all of your notifications are listed.
That’s it. Any questions, or any bugs to report? Fire away. Post right here on the message boards, and we’ll see them and take a look.