Fuente Adds Bartelstein, Bost to Football Support Staff

Danielle Bartelstein
Danielle Bartelstein

BLACKSBURG – Virginia Tech head coach Justin Fuente added two members of his football support staff Tuesday, naming Danielle Bartelstein as Senior Director of Football Operations and Josh Bost as Director of Video and Technology.

Bartelstein joins Virginia Tech after stints working in football operations and recruiting at both Texas Tech and TCU. The University of Illinois graduate served as the director of football relations at Texas Tech from January of 2013 through April of 2015. She oversaw all football recruiting operations for the Red Raiders, while developing and implementing recruiting strategies, as well as organizing all on-campus recruiting events. She also corresponded with prospective student-athletes, families and high school coaches in addition to directing all incoming football student-athletes and their families through the admissions process.

Her association with Coach Fuente dates back to January of 2010 when she was named the assistant director of football operations and recruiting at TCU when Fuente served as offensive coordinator on head coach Gary Patterson’s staff. Bartelstein previously worked in marketing for the athletics department at Stanford University, in addition to assisting with Stanford Football camps. She also volunteered as a recruiting assistant for football during her undergraduate tenure at Illinois, where she also directed summer football camps for the Illini.

Most recently, Bartelstein served as a senior advisor for Hance Scarborough, LLP in Austin, Texas, assisting in the overall management for the former US Congressman and Chancellor Emeritus at Texas Tech University.

Bost comes to Virginia Tech from the University of Memphis, where he has been the video coordinator since August of 2013. He manages all facets of the video department, including budgeting, ordering, researching and maintaining equipment. He coordinates, records and edits all video from practices, games, opponents’ games and recruiting for each coach to review and breakdown. He also helps produce promotional videos and motivational videos along with other video-related assignments.

Prior to working at Memphis, he worked at the University of North Texas for nine years as the director of video operations. He graduated from Middle Tennessee State University, working in that office as both a student and graduate assistant before moving to North Texas.

7 Responses You are logged in as Test

1. Wait and seeing on the new football operations person. Sometimes too much new blood is not a good thing. I hope it works out OK and helps us to win and still keep the family atmosphere and stability that CFB has brought us.

1. Sometimes new blood is exactly what is needed to shake up the culture of “business as usual”. More importantly when a new chief is hired the transition is often made much smoother by having Indians familiar with the Chief as opposed to ones that say “that isn’t the way we used to do it.” I’d say Fuente largely keeping the D staff in tact is a sufficient concession/recognition of the former atmosphere and stability. It is important to remember, value and appreciate the past but, those who cannot let go very rarely ever move forward.

1. I’m a Die hard Beamer guy, but agree with 2hhoop, the “chef gets to pick the groceries”. I don’t think the Football Ops guy and video coordinator will hav major impact on the culture.

2. I went to the Beamer Celebration dinner last night at the Hotel Roanoke. It was great. Michael Brewer was there. Very crowd friendly and gave his usual excellent talk. He would be a Great GA! Talk about Texas connections and a great future coach! And he brought his girlfriend who is from Richmond. New JC QB is from Texas. Sign future coach Brewer up!

3. Fuente is bring a new look to VT. The new faces and new ideas never hurts. Look at what Whit has done so far with his new staff. And this Texas connections with those high school coaches , I bet, will pay off also.

4. The last transfer we had with Texas Tech connections worked out very well. Expect this one will, too. Welcome to the Hokie Nation, DB & JB.