Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14, 15, 16.

I don't know. UVA had a negotiating tool during the ACC expansion because they voted. When both UVA and VT are looking to move, neither have a strong negotiating tool at their disposal. It's every man for himself. Altough, I'd love to have a annual matchup with an OOC school in the B10, esp. if VT is in the SEC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hokieluver View Post
    Also, see TA&M defection if you want to know how strong the political ties are.
    This is true, but there was no concern for the well being of Texas as they will be well taken care of. NCSU isn't Texas...

"Where do I sign"

Quote Originally Posted by techcutter View Post
    Suppose the SEC calls tomorrow and tells NCSU and VT, "it's now or never." What does Steger say?
    Where in the world is PhotoHokieNC?

Secures DC market and adds Tidewater and a presence in NC.

If we could land with UVA in the B10 that would be great, but it doesn't seem realistic. Perhaps we can angle a deal to get UVA + UNC in the B10 and land ourselves + NC State in the SEC. if Clemson & FSU bail for the Big12.

Notre Dame could stay in the ACC with other peer institutions (smaller/private colleges with good basketball) for all sports except football where they remain independent - and if they have to join a conference for football, the ACC would be a decent home where they wouldn't neccessarily have a hard road to a title.

B10 (16): +MD, +UVA, +UNC, +RU
    SEC (16): +VT, +NCSU
    B12 (16): +FSU, +CU

ACC (8/9): Pitt, Syr, BC, Duke, Wake, GT, Miami, ND, +UConn

They still like OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by techcutter View Post
    Suppose the SEC calls tomorrow and tells NCSU and VT, "it's now or never." What does Steger say?
    I wouldn't want to join any conference that would hand out such an ultimatum. There is no reason to get panicky here. We know the SEC is interested in us and the SEC knows that we know that. Every word on Conference Realignment to escape Blacksburg over the last year and a half has said the same thing... "we prefer the ACC in its current form and we have no desire to leave it as it now sits," or some other paraphrasing of that same sentiment. We have NEVER SAID we would not entertain offers from other conferences if the ACC's alignment should change. The SEC knows they can bide their time and, when the right shift is made, they will have Virginia Tech and their pick of at least one North Carolina school to add to their conference.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Yep

Question? Are there currently discussions between UVA and VT discussing this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hokieluver View Post
    Question? Are there currently discussions between UVA and VT discussing this . . .
    Gee, lets see. What are the odds of a number of calls between Steger and UVA today? Slightly more than 99%.