Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14, 15, 16.

Quote Originally Posted by hokieluver View Post
    Yep
    Could you please use Reply With Quote so we know for whom that "Yep" is? Thanks.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

They say no.

Quote Originally Posted by techcutter View Post
    Suppose the SEC calls tomorrow and tells NCSU and VT, "it's now or never." What does Steger say?

8 million cable subscribers.

At this point he better say yes or look for another job.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieMJL View Post
    At this point he better say yes or look for another job.
    At this point, Dr. Steger is close enough to retirement that he couldn't care less what some fan thought of his decision to tell the SEC to take their ultimatum and shove it where the sun don't shine.

I think the point is moot, though. The SEC is NOT going to give us a "now or never" demand. They know when the right shift occurs they can have us. They're the best league in major college football, so why not wait a little while longer and see how things shake out?
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockWaveVT View Post
    If we could land with UVA in the B10 that would be great, but it doesn't seem realistic. Perhaps we can angle a deal to get UVA + UNC in the B10 and land ourselves + NC State in the SEC. if Clemson & FSU bail for the Big12.

Notre Dame could stay in the ACC with other peer institutions (smaller/private colleges with good basketball) for all sports except football where they remain independent - and if they have to join a conference for football, the ACC would be a decent home where they wouldn't neccessarily have a hard road to a title.

B10 (16): +MD, +UVA, +UNC, +RU
    SEC (16): +VT, +NCSU
    B12 (16): +FSU, +CU

ACC (8/9): Pitt, Syr, BC, Duke, Wake, GT, Miami, ND, +UConn
    who are the other 4 in the Big12 to get them to 16 (they currently have 10)? i think they will try to form a full Eastern pact with FSU, Clemson, GT and L'ville to join WVU. that would get them to 14. add Pitt and Cincy to get the Big12 into Ohio and PA, and they are at 16.

then ACC would be 'Cuse, BC, dook, Wake, Miami, ND. expand with UConn, Temple and ODU for all sports (8 football schools) and Georgetown for all but football, and you've got a very nice 10 team bball league that also happens to be the new BigEast...maybe bring on Villanova and StJohn's, too...

I just hope if anything like all of this does happen, that VT is indeed SEC bound...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    who are the other 4 in the Big12 to get them to 16 (they currently have 10)? i think they will try to form a full Eastern pact with FSU, Clemson, GT and L'ville to join WVU. that would get them to 14. add Pitt and Cincy to get the Big12 into Ohio and PA, and they are at 16.

then ACC would be 'Cuse, BC, dook, Wake, Miami, ND. expand with UConn, Temple and ODU for all sports (8 football schools) and Georgetown for all but football, and you've got a very nice 10 team bball league that also happens to be the new BigEast...maybe bring on Villanova and StJohn's, too...

I just hope if anything like all of this does happen, that VT is indeed SEC bound...

oops, left that off... they would hijack the rest of the BE football schools. Cinci, Louisville, USF, Boise. They'd wind up with defacto east-west divisions that could help cut down on travel costs for such a 'national' conference.

West: Texas, Oklahoma, TTU, OSU, Baylor, Kansas, K-State, Boise
    East: FSU, Clemson, WVU, Louisville, Cinci, USF, TCU, Iowa St

B10 (16): +MD, +UVA, +UNC, +RU
    SEC (16): +VT, +NCSU
    B12 (16): +FSU, +CU +Cinci +Louisville + USF +Boise

And we are back to the politicians getting involved. UVa or Tech leaving the ACC should be predicated on the other being able to land in a superconference. UNC and NCSU should take the same stance. So for example UVA can go to the Big 10 only if 1)VT goes with them or 2) VT secures membership in the SEC. Time for the govs to get involved again to make sure all four of those schools land on their feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    8 million cable subscribers.