Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14, 15, 16.

14, 15, 16.

If the Big 10+++ adds RUTSgers soon as #14, does UNC have a seat at the table? Yes, UVA would be a logical 15, but ND would be very much back in play as # 16. And I would rather have UVA get into the Big 10+++++++++ than UNC. UVA I respect; UNC I don't.

It also ensures VT will be looking to move.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by techcutter View Post
    If the Big 10+++ adds RUTSgers soon as #14, does UNC have a seat at the table? Yes, UVA would be a logical 15, but ND would be very much back in play as # 16. And I would rather have UVA get into the Big 10+++++++++ than UNC. UVA I respect; UNC I don't.
    Curious what the political/cultural dynamic with UNC will be. How does NCSU as a state university impact UNC's decisions? How does Duke impact UNC's decisions? UNC, Notre Dame and Texas are the premiere programs in the nation in terms of straight-up desirability but only Notre Dame is free from political considerations.

If I'm the Big Ten, I forget about Rutgers and go after Duke, UNC and UVa or VT. I see OR VT because you know many Big Ten people are going to be unhappy about the poor football dynamic being introduced in Maryland (let alone Rutgers). If VT brought the same TV sets why not go for them?
    Last edited by Banker VT; Mon Nov 19 2012 at 01:14 PM.

I don't think enough of UNC to put them in that category. I think Texas and ND are on a different level.

Also, see TA&M defection if you want to know how strong the political ties are.

The only way UVA to the big 10 is good is IF a sec invite were to come, we would have the political cover to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Banker VT View Post
    Curious what the political/cultural dynamic with UNC will be. How does NCSU as a state university impact UNC's decisions? How does Duke impact UNC's decisions? UNC, Notre Dame and Texas are the premiere programs in the nation in terms of straight-up desirability but only Notre Dame is free from political considerations.

If I'm the Big Ten, I forget about Rutgers and go after Duke, UNC and UVa or VT. I see OR VT because you know many Big Ten people are going to be unhappy about the poor football dynamic being introduced in Maryland (let alone Rutgers). If VT brought the same TV sets why not go for them?
    And what about the question no one is asking: How does the Big 10++++ view UNC in light of the ever increasing reality that UNC has cheated more than any other program the past 20 years? Hmmmmm.

Banned
    And what about the question no one is asking: How does the Big 10++++ view UNC in light of the ever increasing reality that UNC has cheated more than any other program the past 20 years? Hmmmmm.
    The Big Ten of the 11-0 The Ohio State? I doubt they care about it one way or the other. It's probably 1 con against a long list of pros.

Quote Originally Posted by hokieluver View Post
    It also ensures VT will be looking to move.
    Suppose the SEC calls tomorrow and tells NCSU and VT, "it's now or never." What does Steger say?

Seems their deal is TV markets. What does UVA bring to that table that Maryland didn't already fulfill?