How to get CJ going?

As one of our highest rated players coming in his presence is going to be needed this season. I was really hoping to see him come charging out of the gate today. Is JJ going to be challenged in how to bring him out?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Hoke View Post
    As one of our highest rated players coming in his presence is going to be needed this season. I was really hoping to see him come charging out of the gate today. Is JJ going to be challenged in how to bring him out?
    Barksdale wasn't any worse than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised by Eddie and Brown. Not too happy with Raines; I thought he would have had a pretty big game today. I think he needs to be on double secret probation, and I'm not entirely kidding.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VT Noslen View Post
    Barksdale wasn't any worse than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised by Eddie and Brown. Not too happy with Raines; I thought he would have had a pretty big game today. I think he needs to be on double secret probation, and I'm not entirely kidding.
    I thought Raines played ok, but the shots didn't fall. He's so fluid with his post moves. If he can put it all together, he could be special.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Hoke View Post
    Um...let him keep playing? It's game 1!!!

He missed about 10 close in shots. Those will drop in time..

Quote Originally Posted by VT Noslen View Post
    That I may Serve is more than a motto at VT....

I hope you're right,

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Um...let him keep playing? It's game 1!!!
    I'm going back to last year some too and was looking for off season improvement. We'll see how he does in next several games - hopefully we will see some breakout games before long because we wil really need his help inside this season. Just based on yesterday I think Marshall Wood is already pushing him (pulling down 6 boards in his PT)

Quote Originally Posted by UTPr0sim View Post
    He missed about 10 close in shots. Those will drop in time..
    Uh...Raines was 3-9, Barksdale 0-1...they took 10 shots combined...overreact much?

Meant to be under the Raines thread. Sorry. Barksdale missed a 12 footer...
    That I may Serve is more than a motto at VT....