Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The O looked much more purposeful and smoother with good ball movement than I recall seeing in a while. Hardly any forced shots unless I missed them, as I was multi-tasking and also switching back and forth on the ACC football games. Part of that could be the level of competition, of course, but it is still encouraging, especially for an opener.

Go Hokies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    Overall, I just get the sense that it's a smoother operation than last season. Our PG and wings are more aggressive at penetrating and they're doing a good job of kicking the ball out for open jumpers. The spacing is good in the halfcourt set offense, and we're not seeing the aimless passing of the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds followed by a last-second 3-pointer under pressure that we so often saw under Greenberg. We're also obviously looking to push the ball up the floor whenever possible. I realize that we're very early into the James Johnson era, but so far I like what I'm seeing.
    Much more efficient against the zone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan5 View Post
    The only thing that hurt today: C J Barksdale was AWOL. 0 points 1 rebound. I see head problems with the game here.
    Why are so many people so down on Barksdale? So he missed a couple shots and had a couple iffy fouls called on him. He played hard...ETSU had one physical banger who was rooting guys out...CJ shared the ball nicely to a cutting EG vs the zone, he just couldn't quite finish a couple rebounds and shots...give him a chance to get used to extended playing time...it was his first start

We shot 46%, slightly high.