Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: JJ is ready

  1. #1

    JJ is ready

    This guy has so much energy and is excited about starting the season today. Can't help but get excited about the upcoming basketball season when you talk to this guy. Best of luck today.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Man 24 View Post
    This guy has so much energy and is excited about starting the season today. Can't help but get excited about the upcoming basketball season when you talk to this guy. Best of luck today.
    That's all well and good, but the real test comes after the rubber meets the road. There ain't much rubber and it's of doubtful quality this season. It's hard for me to get worked up by mere talk at this point.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    April 24, 2001
    Posts
    37,255
    Quote Originally Posted by VT Noslen View Post
    That's all well and good, but the real test comes after the rubber meets the road. There ain't much rubber and it's of doubtful quality this season. It's hard for me to get worked up by mere talk at this point.
    I'm not concerned about wins, I want to see effort and execution.
    If the coaches get players to buy in, eventually the wins will come.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

  4. #4

    Join Date
    July 10, 2006
    Posts
    4,252
    ETSU 17-14 last yr. Not helpless, but any ACC team should beat them.

  5. #5
    fitngoblr's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13, 1999
    Location
    Minglewood
    Posts
    5,509
    I'm with ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
    I'm not concerned about wins, I want to see effort and execution.
    If the coaches get players to buy in, eventually the wins will come.

  6. #6
    Bingo. This year is not about wins and losses. It's about changing the culture. It's about putting out max effort and executing at the best of their ability.

    If more talented teams beat us, so be it. I would not like to see us lose to a lesser talented team due to better effort and execution on their part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
    I'm not concerned about wins, I want to see effort and execution.
    If the coaches get players to buy in, eventually the wins will come.

  7. #7
    Edgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    49,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
    I'm not concerned about wins, I want to see effort and execution.
    If the coaches get players to buy in, eventually the wins will come.
    Feel the same! Glad the players are enjoying themselves this year!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •