Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HokieMadness View Post
    Yes, the one that made all-acc freshmen 1st team and was widely regarded as the 2nd best player on the team last year.

And our top recruit that was coveted by most of the top programs in the country.
    Whatever you think of him, he wasn't going to be at VT this season...SG or no

Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    Whatever you think of him, he wasn't going to be at VT this season...SG or no
    I've seen this propaganda from the anti-SG crowd. However, there is absolutely no basis for it. SG had already convinced DFS to stay and his mother said SG's firing was a major factor in him leaving.

I've seen this propaganda from the anti-SG crowd. However, there is absolutely no basis for it. SG had already convinced DFS to stay and his mother said SG's firing was a major factor in him leaving.
    Sources said he’s been pondering a change since January. "This has been brewing for months," a source said, explaining that Finney-Smith never was comfortable at Tech.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/tee...,5216971.story

"it had nothing to do with Virginia Tech’s decision to fire Seth Greenberg"

Finney-Smith did not give a reason as to why he decided to leave Blacksburg for good, other than to say it had nothing to do with Virginia Tech’s decision to fire Seth Greenberg last month.

“He just said that it’s been in the makings, brewing for a couple of months now,” said Johnson, who also spoke with Finney-Smith’s mother, Desiree Finney, about the decision this weekend. “He just wanted to wait until after exams and finish out the semester before talking about it.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...JWBU_blog.html

I challenge you to find ANY published report where DFS' mother said that. In every account I have read she said just the opposite. Plus, JJ told me face-to-face that she told him she had decided months earlier that "they" should transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    I challenge you to find ANY published report where DFS' mother said that. In every account I have read she said just the opposite. Plus, JJ told me face-to-face that she told him she had decided months earlier that "they" should transfer.
    Of course that is going to be JJ's story. And I'm not saying DFS would have definitely stayed. I'm saying I think we had a better chance to keep him and the rumors that he was 100% gone anyway are hogwash. Nobody knows. It certainly looks bad that he decided to transfer very shortly after JJ was hired though. Especially considering he had plenty of time to do that if he wanted to after the season prior to SG getting fired.

Weaver action was not well regarded

Only team below us is BC. We finished higher last year. I thought I was finally over Weaver's shotgun blast to the basketball program's knees, but I'm not. I can't believe the mickey mouse antics that went on in his Athletic Department.
    The media and coaching profession experts of the business felt Seth worked his butt off and made vt a competitive program . Weaver is known as a cheapskate and did not appreciate Seth tenacity .there was other ways to resolve the management issue. With vt perceived remoteness , and lack of financial resources for national recruiting and coaching staff . Yes vt has the lowest salary in the acc.. There is not much perception of solid program here. Lets hope some surprises

Of course that is going to be JJ's story. And I'm not saying DFS would have definitely stayed. I'm saying I think we had a better chance to keep him and the rumors that he was 100% gone anyway are hogwash. Nobody knows. It certainly looks bad that he decided to transfer very shortly after JJ was hired though. Especially considering he had plenty of time to do that if he wanted to after the season prior to SG getting fired.
    You can say he had a better chance of staying or not. He was not coming back. It was not hogwash.

Only team below us is BC. We finished higher last year. I thought I was finally over Weaver's shotgun blast to the basketball program's knees, but I'm not. I can't believe the mickey mouse antics that went on in his Athletic Department.
    Go on the court and earn respect. Problem solved.

DFS was gone no matter what, his Mom stated that numerous times at games and to SG.. She was a unusual fan..