Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieMadness View Post
    I doubt we'll see anywhere near the success of the SG era over the next few years.
    I will miss the second round losses in the NIT......
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAHOKIE View Post
    New coach and depleted bench - No surprise. Just hope they play hard and with good fundamentals. If they do that JJ will build a winner.
    Exactly. I want to see a team that plays as a team, doesn't hang their heads, and proves that they possess the fundamentals to play quality basketball. This may not result in many wins because the overall talent and depth is low, but just give me some signs that we are moving in a different and positive direction.....
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

I'm not sure there were a lot of successes. Granted, the first few years under SG were surprising, however, any success tailed off considerably after that. And I don't consider it a success to beat #1 Duke on our home court, yet throw away all that good will, good press, etc by losing to a not very good Fredo squad at home on Senior night.

I doubt we'll see anywhere near the success of the SG era over the next few years.

Only team below us is BC. We finished higher last year. I thought I was finally over Weaver's shotgun blast to the basketball program's knees, but I'm not. I can't believe the mickey mouse antics that went on in his Athletic Department.
    VT did not finish higher last yr...they were tied for last.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    I'm not sure there were a lot of successes. Granted, the first few years under SG were surprising, however, any success tailed off considerably after that. And I don't consider it a success to beat #1 Duke on our home court, yet throw away all that good will, good press, etc by losing to a not very good Fredo squad at home on Senior night.
    The success I'm speaking of are his W-L record and ACC top 4 finishes. The lack of tourney appearances was disappointing, but there are more metrics to consider. The program is in much better shape now than when SG took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    VT did not finish higher last yr...they were tied for last.
    Actually T-9th last year while T-10th this year. Its a shame because we had the most talented team in the SG era coming back this year prior to his post-firing defections.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    I will miss the second round losses in the NIT......
    Having high standards is fine by me. I just want to see those same standards applied to his successor, otherwise you are a supreme hypocrite.

Actually T-9th last year while T-10th this year. Its a shame because we had the most talented team in the SG era coming back this year prior to his post-firing defections.
    Defections? You mean the one guy who shot 23% ?

The one who never said a word when he and his Mom met with JJ. He was leaving anyway because his Mom told him so.
    Last edited by Buy These!; Mon Oct 15 2012 at 10:43 PM.

Despite the fact that there were 4 teams tied, VT still finished LAST. Which means ahead of NO ONE

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/florida...-florida-state
    Last edited by Buy These!; Mon Oct 15 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    Defections? You mean the one guy who shot 23% ?

The one who never said a word when he and his Mom met with JJ. He was leaving anyway because his Mom told him so.
    Yes, the one that made all-acc freshmen 1st team and was widely regarded as the 2nd best player on the team last year.

And our top recruit that was coveted by most of the top programs in the country.