Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

VT Bball getting no respect in preseason poll.

Only team below us is BC. We finished higher last year. I thought I was finally over Weaver's shotgun blast to the basketball program's knees, but I'm not. I can't believe the mickey mouse antics that went on in his Athletic Department.

Considering everything from our HC all they way down to most VT Recruits/signees are unknown. Where should they be ranked?
    You can blame Weaver if you want, but I personally blame SG for squandering one of the best recruiting classes in VT history with a pawltry zero NCAA tourney appearances. Weaver has our AD in the black, which most schools are not. Also, Softball, soccer, Baseball and a few other non-rev sports have greatly improved. New facilities for BBall, Wrestling, and a few more on the way. Yeah, his AD is all screwed up.

VT Football has shown you that preseason polls dont really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieMadness View Post
    Only team below us is BC. We finished higher last year. I thought I was finally over Weaver's shotgun blast to the basketball program's knees, but I'm not. I can't believe the mickey mouse antics that went on in his Athletic Department.
    As hard as a liquid sword

This did not deserve a topic. It's like you wanted to take a jab at Weaver over nothing. Sorry, but our basketball program was irrelevent before the "shotgun" blast. You are not relevent when you have 1 NCAA appearance in a decade.......this year will be ugly because we had to make some major changes, but I doubt it will be any less ugly than the crud that was on the court last season........
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Weaver did what had to be done, even if people like you can't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    Weaver did what had to be done, even if people like you can't understand it.
    Why did it have to be done 1.5 months after the season again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    This did not deserve a topic. It's like you wanted to take a jab at Weaver over nothing. Sorry, but our basketball program was irrelevent before the "shotgun" blast. You are not relevent when you have 1 NCAA appearance in a decade.......this year will be ugly because we had to make some major changes, but I doubt it will be any less ugly than the crud that was on the court last season........
    I doubt we'll see anywhere near the success of the SG era over the next few years.

I doubt we'll see anywhere near the success of the SG era over the next few years.
    What a tremendous loss that will be.

I'm surprised we're not last. BC has had good seasons in the past when they were in the BE.
    Everyone knows this is a building (hard to say rebuilding when we haven't been in the NCAA for a while) year.....and we might have had the exact same players had there not been a coaching change.
    I'm looking for good effort and recruiting for the future.

Oh please Dear God, not this again.
    Last edited by Stork; Mon Oct 15 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    "Just let it go Harry...Let it go."

New coach and depleted bench - No surprise. Just hope they play hard and with good fundamentals. If they do that JJ will build a winner.