Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 Hokie SC View Post
    We never bring our band to road games. We picked a great one this season.
    I'm indifferent. I wish they would make a point of having them at every nearby game (Carolina schools + UVA + FedEx + Twerps) because those are the ones where we will have lots of fans there to enjoy them. (Yes, I'm aware Clemson isn't much further than College Park, but for the NOVA, Richmond, 757 population centers, Maryland is a game that a lot of us attend.)

The @UNC game is twice in recent memory that something has happened at the last minute causing our band to not travel - it also happened @Duke (maybe 2009?). If I recall correctly, the Duke excuse was that they couldn't find a bus. Weaver wasn't specific with an excuse for UNC. But whatever it is, unless it involves a plague quarantining a large portion of the band or something similarly bizarre, the excuses get old.

Personally, I think the band should be at every road game. How often do you see an SEC game that doesn't have two bands? But if we're going to pick and choose, I'd rather we pick and choose the games that our fans travel to.
    ----------------

Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

--Ephesians 5:16

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Hokie SC View Post
    We never bring our band to road games. We picked a great one this season.
    would rather the HTs be sent. The "real" band.

What excites me, and makes me happy is all three sides of the team playing well. Kinda like Qtrs 2,3, &4 last week.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    while it's nice to have our band at all games, their presence doesn't excite me or have an overall impact on my experience. put it this way, if i was at an away game, i'm not sure i would notice if they weren't there unless someone pointed it out to me.

that said, i'm glad they're going and i hope they have a great time (and maybe bring us some luck!)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    What excites me, and makes me happy is all three sides of the team playing well. Kinda like Qtrs 2,3, &4 last week.
    exactly!
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

The "real boring" band, maybe. Go MVs!

Really? What's your problem with the MVs?

Quote Originally Posted by hokieforlife View Post
    More the former.

Wow... tough crowd....
    DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT

I am still upset about that- beginning of the spoiled/complacency years...

Sorry man. Us MVs take too much abuse, but I shouldn't have taken it out on the HTs.

Sorry man. Us MVs take too much abuse, but I shouldn't have taken it out on the HTs.