Why is everyone selling their Clemson tickets?

I know we are not having the best season, but are you seriously going to give up tickets to the best ACC road trip we will have in the next 6 years? I am a proud Hokie Alum, but I am also a proud South Carolinian and will tell you that Clemson has by far the best gameday atmosphere in the ACC (yes, it kills Blacksburg). They have fans just as respectful as ours, except for a few which we have too. Virginia Tech is known for having extremely loyal fan support and selling our tickets because we aren't winning every game does not look good on us. We are actually bringing the Marching Virginians for this game, which is a HUGE deal because our cheap athletic dept won't let them travel but to ONE game a year! That is a whole separate matter that ticks me off. This is as close to an SEC environment as it gets and I believe the atmosphere at Death Valley is among the best you would see in the SEC.

LETS GOOOO......HOOOKIES!!!!

been to several vt-klempson games and no, bburg is still better (and much easier to get to)

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Hokie SC View Post
    I know we are not having the best season, but are you seriously going to give up tickets to the best ACC road trip we will have in the next 6 years? I am a proud Hokie Alum, but I am also a proud South Carolinian and will tell you that Clemson has by far the best gameday atmosphere in the ACC (yes, it kills Blacksburg). They have fans just as respectful as ours, except for a few which we have too. Virginia Tech is known for having extremely loyal fan support and selling our tickets because we aren't winning every game does not look good on us. We are actually bringing the Marching Virginians for this game, which is a HUGE deal because our cheap athletic dept won't let them travel but to ONE game a year! That is a whole separate matter that ticks me off. This is as close to an SEC environment as it gets and I believe the atmosphere at Death Valley is among the best you would see in the SEC.

It's good but in NO WAY does it "kill" Bburg...the only way it beats BBurg is no. Of seats

i sold mine because it is fall break for schools in greenville. lots of tigers

selling their tickets too. It wont be a hard ticket to get as the schools have thurs and friday off. many people leaving. I highly recommend this road trip though. Great environment. Very similar to VT in a lot of ways, with the exception being their coach thinks he is one of the players.

1) we are going to lose, & 2) they know I needed 2 down low

It's tough to expect the fans to show up if the team doesn't plan on showing up. Also, Clemson isn't the best road trip. It's Miami for me...it's hard to beat babes and beaches with a little football sprinkled in.

Yep defense Miami

NO. It is NOT the best atmosphere in the ACC. It's like being in a vacuum down there. And getting out of there after a game is pure torture.

You got that right. Nothing but 2 lane roads (that's 1 in each direction) feeding the place. And the 'town' is smaller than downton C'burg, so comparing it to Blacksburg is a stretch. Although for gameday atmosphere it's pretty darn good, and a lot of fun. I'll be there, already bought the plane ticket. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieHeartNSoul View Post
    NO. It is NOT the best atmosphere in the ACC. It's like being in a vacuum down there. And getting out of there after a game is pure torture.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieDon View Post
    You got that right. Nothing but 2 lane roads (that's 1 in each direction) feeding the place. And the 'town' is smaller than downton C'burg, so comparing it to Blacksburg is a stretch. Although for gameday atmosphere it's pretty darn good, and a lot of fun. I'll be there, already bought the plane ticket. :-)
    I liked Blacksburg better when it was like that. Wasn't great on gameday, but...