Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4VaTech View Post
    than it does work? Very frustrating!
    Pressing the shift key when the backspace or forwardspace keys are pressed will move the cursor back or forward. Still a pain though. (It works for the up and down keys, too)
    Last edited by VTer; Tue Oct 23 2012 at 08:56 PM.

How do you "fix" that? I only have the issue on this site and would like to get it resolved.

It's caused by certain ads. I'm not sure what triggers it, but some ads take over the 'history' in a browser and fill it with recurrences of the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    I have no idea. It's one of those things where I've never seen it, and the programmers can't recreate it either, so they can't solve for it.

What are the particulars of your setup? Operating system, browser, etc.?
    "Upon examination, it was clear that the spine of the PATT wasn't fully formed and, therefore, quite easy to snap." - Charles Darwin, "The Origin of Species"

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore Hokie View Post
    It's caused by certain ads. I'm not sure what triggers it, but some ads take over the 'history' in a browser and fill it with recurrences of the same page.

Yep. I can bring it up with the ad networks, but they have a really hard time tracking down something like this. You (we) need to be able to recreate the problem (which I have pretty much never seen), then provide them all kinds of data.

I have a problem with Firefox right now that's driving me bananas. I like to shop for cars online, so I get bombarded with a lot of car ads. There's a series of Dodge ads running that I've been seeing for over a month now ... and they've got a bad script in them that freezes up Firefox.

Every day is the same: Log on, get the Dodge ads, browser freezes up in about five minutes, kill it, restart it, get the Dodge ads, browser freezes up .... lather, rinse, repeat. Been going on for about 5-6 weeks now.

I switch to IE, but I don't like IE for browsing the site, and it doesn't have my history and bookmarks and passwords stored like Firefox does.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

Yep. I can bring it up with the ad networks, but they have a really hard time tracking down something like this. You (we) need to be able to recreate the problem (which I have pretty much never seen), then provide them all kinds of data.

I have a problem with Firefox right now that's driving me bananas. I like to shop for cars online, so I get bombarded with a lot of car ads. There's a series of Dodge ads running that I've been seeing for over a month now ... and they've got a bad script in them that freezes up Firefox.

Every day is the same: Log on, get the Dodge ads, browser freezes up in about five minutes, kill it, restart it, get the Dodge ads, browser freezes up .... lather, rinse, repeat. Been going on for about 5-6 weeks now.

I switch to IE, but I don't like IE for browsing the site, and it doesn't have my history and bookmarks and passwords stored like Firefox does.
    Chrome? You can export your Firefox bookmarks and import them

(or Adblock. Sorry)
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
    Your posts ... are money. I read them all.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop76cs View Post
    I am having the problem with Firefox.
    Same here. Maddening

Quote Originally Posted by 4VaTech View Post
    OK. I've had it....why does the "back button" not work, or at least much less often than it does work? Very frustrating!
    By the way, in IE and Firefox both, you can just right-click the back button, and it will present a list of recent pages. Just bypass the "google doubleclick" stuff, and click the page in the list that is a "true" page.

Why can't you observe it on a computer that does have the problem. a lot of them do
    I have no idea. It's one of those things where I've never seen it, and the programmers can't recreate it either, so they can't solve for it.

What are the particulars of your setup? Operating system, browser, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by cto1014 View Post
    Why can't you observe it on a computer that does have the problem. a lot of them do
    I've seen it. It happened to me just today. But geting the programmers and/Or ad networks to solve it is another matter entirely.

We're doing some work to the Sportswar network architecture that we'll implement live around the nd of January that I suspect will eliminate it.

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    I've seen it. It happened to me just today. But geting the programmers and/Or ad networks to solve it is another matter entirely.

We're doing some work to the Sportswar network architecture that we'll implement live around the nd of January that I suspect will eliminate it.

As, an actual computer software guy, replicating problems of a person and then solving the problem are not exactly the easiest thing to do.

Personally, I have never had a problem with the back button on this website, using either Firefox or my mobile blackberrry broweser. Getting the exact setup of the problem is a huge obstacle that needs to be cleared before the problem can actually be solved.