Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nah. $50 mil is starting point in negotiating. There are ways.

Quote Originally Posted by 88hokies13 View Post
    yeah think it's time for dream to die...unless you have 50 million dollars

First choice would be Tennessee. Second would probably be Kentucky. We ought to be playing one of those two schools every year anyway. Third choice would be to renew the South Carolina series.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

the series will always be set up in Alabamas favor.....or they won't play it. The odds of winning the lottery are better than the thought Bama would ever come to BBurg.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Eight of them each season.
    Exactly!
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

--Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by dna-vt View Post
    I think UT will only play VT in Knoxville..(and will only happen if UT returns to top 10 level where they are sure there is no way they can lose to VT). They used to have great recruiting success in deep swva, western nc, southern wv and of course the state of Tenn.
    A UT fan told me that UT doesn't like a home-away format for OOC teams and they have no interest in a neutral site game. They want to play in Knoxville every chance they get.

UT has little interest in a deal like VT has with ECU. In-conference they have no choice, out of conference they do.

And you are right - they don't want to take the chance of losing to VT.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    A UT fan told me that UT doesn't like a home-away format for OOC teams and they have no interest in a neutral site game. They want to play in Knoxville every chance they get.

UT has little interest in a deal like VT has with ECU. In-conference they have no choice, out of conference they do.

And you are right - they don't want to take the chance of losing to VT.
    That's not really true. They play plenty of home-and-home's. Oregon, UCLA, Notre Dame, Nebraska & Oklahoma (both future). Plenty of others. They just don't want to play VT.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

LSU, A&M and Tennessee