Thread: #25!

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

Quote Originally Posted by OXVT View Post
    WE'RE NUMBER 25! WE'RE WE'RE NUMBER 25! WE'RE NUMBER 25!!!!!!!!!!! They will be partying on main street tonight ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by OXVT View Post
    Even that is quicker than I thought.

and 30th in the AP polls; the coaches are voting on rep; the writers must reading game summaries

Too high until proven otherwise. IMO
    Go Hokies!!!

VT only went from 26th to 25th in Coaches Poll.

Don't know about that. Boise at #24 has to be totally based on recent reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Racing View Post
    Too high until proven otherwise. IMO
    I don't think people get that after the top 5 teams in the nation there is a GIGANTIC drop off in quality. Once you drop out of the top 15 it's really just a crap shoot. Any team between 16 and 35 is approximately the same as the next--any given Saturday with those teams. Frankly, I think VT is between the 20th and 30th best team in the nation, meaning it's very talented and could win on any given Saturday against 110 of 119 programs in the nation and would be favored by Vegas in probably 100 of those 110 games.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG88Hokie View Post
    Don't know about that. Boise at #24 has to be totally based on recent reputation
    Yeah - Boise has only scored an offensive touchdown in 1 of their 3 games. Unless they have Alabama's defense (which they don't)at 2-1 they probably don't deserve to be top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Hateful Hokie View Post
    I don't think people get that after the top 5 teams in the nation there is a GIGANTIC drop off in quality. Once you drop out of the top 15 it's really just a crap shoot. Any team between 16 and 35 is approximately the same as the next--any given Saturday with those teams. Frankly, I think VT is between the 20th and 30th best team in the nation, meaning it's very talented and could win on any given Saturday against 110 of 119 programs in the nation and would be favored by Vegas in probably 100 of those 110 games.
    Indeed, I always get a kick out of the posters who say something like "Team X certainly does not look like the 12th ranked (pick any ranking over 5th or 6th as you say)" I honestly don't know from year to year what a team is supposed to look like and be ranked anywhere from the top 5-6 to say, at least 30th. They all have weaknesses which is why they are so up and down and most all have lost at least once by mid-season.