Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVT View Post
    I wasn't disagreeing with you or trying to prove you wrong. I was just saying that a lot of investment has been made, but a new system is needed.

I don't think it is SEC envy either (not for me anyway). My wife went to UT, so I've been to a couple of games. I was blown away by the scoreboard.

Lane definitely needs one. I brought a couple of friends to a game last year and they were really excited about seeing the intro. It was a bit of a letdown for them because it was a lot quieter than they thought it'd be.
    As I already said, I think we do need a new scoreboard. But as Jim Weaver repeatedly says - forget about it. He's up in a luxury suite, listening to Roth & Burnop while chatting with big money donors. He's not spending the $10 mil necessary, because he has no appreciation for any game day improvement that isn't financially justifiable.

It would require the AD to make it a priority and seek corporate advertising. Given our popularity in national TV games, I find it hard to believe we could not find a sponsor who would be willing to put up the funds for a 10 year contract to have their name shown, but it would take effort on the AD department.
    It is an embarrassment...at yesterday's game the sound was awful with constant feedback, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 05hokie05 View Post
    This topic has probably already been beat to death but man that thing is dated. I go to a lot of Wake Forest games and I get very jealous when i see how nice theirs is. Is there plans to expand the north endzone? Is that a factor in the reasons to wait on a new scoreboard/jumbotron?
    Weaver is holding the scoreboard hostage until the university gives in and changes the master plan to allow for stadium woods to be bulldozed. TIC

This topic has probably already been beat to death but man that thing is dated. I go to a lot of Wake Forest games and I get very jealous when i see how nice theirs is. Is there plans to expand the north endzone? Is that a factor in the reasons to wait on a new scoreboard/jumbotron?
    Donors sitting in the luxury boxes said it would block their view of the flyovers

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer74 View Post
    It would require the AD to make it a priority and seek corporate advertising. Given our popularity in national TV games, I find it hard to believe we could not find a sponsor who would be willing to put up the funds for a 10 year contract to have their name shown, but it would take effort on the AD department.
    It is an embarrassment...at yesterday's game the sound was awful with constant feedback, etc...
    And until those millionaire donors that go to his reception and sit in the boxes start to make it their priority it probably won't be the athletic department's either. Right now we are still funding the Indoor Practice Facility and then I am sure other sports have some capitol needs too.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    Things like that are usually funded by a major contribution or a corporate sponsor. I don't know about Wake but South Carolina's new board was 6.5 million. You know any rich donors or companies with some funds to throw around?
    Jim Weaver is on record as saying that any stadium expansion will be funded by premium seat sales. Since not all of the existing club seats are sold it looks like expansion is down the road.
    More than enough sold to retire the debt though. They plan those things for approx. 60% of capacity.

Not until JW figures out how to deal with the TreeHuggers.

I doubt those millionaires in the nice boxes are listening to the same audio/speakers fans in the stands are.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    And until those millionaire donors that go to his reception and sit in the boxes start to make it their priority it probably won't be the athletic department's either. Right now we are still funding the Indoor Practice Facility and then I am sure other sports have some capitol needs too.

the reality is it cost money and VT does not have it and we have asked the big money people for alot in the last 10 years and now the economy sucks so big budget stuff that is not already funded is going to be a ways out, unlike the fed gov. we cannot just print our own money for anything we want

Ours is terrible, but unless donors want to pony up the cash for anew one I doubt Weaver prioritizes money for a new board vs other improvements, which I agree with, it is a nice perk on gameday but not really something to improve VT football.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand