Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I remember them putting the current video screen up when I was a student, can't remember if it was my sophomore or junior year. All I know is I thought it was sweet. Now, not so much. Kind of like my first rear projection HDTV was sweet. Like 2.5 feet deep, but sweet. Now, not so much. I'm going out on a limb here, but when i finally win the megamillions, before depositing the winnings in some no-risk interest yielding account so that I can live off the interest, I'll put the money up for a new video and sound system. All I ask in return is that they give me one of those awesome cold weather cloaks the players wear when it's cold on the sidelines, and if they want to slap my name on something, anything (a restroom, the concession stand, or whatever), that would be cool too. Oh yeah, and they have to start letting people take sugar cookies into Lane again. What can I say? I'm all about the people. I haven't won yet, but I've got a good feeling about the next drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper Hokie View Post
    Pffftt! I remember when they used to chisel the score into rock tablets and hoist them up poles with wooly mammoths to the tune of "Enter Caveman".

"Fans please turn your attention to the Advanced Auto Parts HokieTron"

Corporate Headquarters in Roanoke
    6 billion annual sales
    #387 Fortune 500

lol, i can dream cant I?

26,000 light-years (approximately) from Sagittarius A-star
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUGH TURKEY View Post
    New jumbotron? Why I remember the days of the gobbling turkey with a scoreboard that barely was legitable( I walked uphill in the snow to and from class as well). Sure it would be nice but it would be low on my priority list as well. The sound system is another matter. It is pathetic.
    Something like this? If that turkey doesn't put the fear of God into our opponents, I don't know what will!

I will complain about my privacy being invaded by the government right after I update my dating profile to attract strangers on the internet......

While VT definitely needs a new scoreboard/jumbotron, I'd be happy if they just found a way to improve the sound system. Or is that integrated into the current scoreboard?

When they blast Enter Sandman it sounds like a cheap AM radio station.

Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post
    I never said it wasn't needed, I just repeated what Jim Weaver has said dozens of times, and people on here choose to ignore, because they envy SEC facilities, like the one you pictured, for example. Exactly like I stated in my original post - it's all about SEC envy.

I think a new scoreboard IS needed, but after hearing Jim Weaver (virtually) say he's tired of the question because the answer isn't changing, I get the message. I don't understand why others don't. It's a topic on here at least on a monthly basis, so pleading ignorance of the subject would mean you never visit TSL, and I don't think that's the real excuse.
    Are you a jumbotron hugger? :>)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Something like this? If that turkey doesn't put the fear of God into our opponents, I don't know what will!

That's it! I had plenty of rival football players indicate they hated that turkey lighting up. They knew they were in trouble if the turkey gobbled. Fear the true Gobbler Board!!!

And that's the problem- the sound comes from this old (by these stds) speakers that are part of the scoreboard/video part.

The whole matter is embarrassing. JMU has a better system. Why not leverage our resources: add $2-4 per ticket, solicit sponsors and work with IMG, and then maybe..maybe a donor would have to contribute a smaller amount. I just don't understand. We are WELL ON OUR WAY to paying off our expansion debt...early according to an article about college sports debt (forget source, sorry). UMd is in trouble, and UVA is doing ok. But we are paying it off ahead of schedule. Good for JW, but why upgraded audio/video can't be in the mix for new projects, I just don't get it. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieNoVA View Post
    While VT definitely needs a new scoreboard/jumbotron, I'd be happy if they just found a way to improve the sound system. Or is that integrated into the current scoreboard?

When they blast Enter Sandman it sounds like a cheap AM radio station.