Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rahvatech View Post
    I think he is coasting out trying how to get Shane hired as head coach. Agree very little fire.
    You couldn't BE more wrong!! FB never "coasted" a day in his life. It is NOT in his dna. You can question his ability to get us a national championship all you want. To accuse him of "coasting" is an INSULT to Frank and everything he stands for...and FLAT WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Pride_and_Joy View Post
    What does fire look like? Just curious what sort of behavior he would need to display to convince you that he still has competitive fire.
    Let me try to explain it P&J. When is is composed, he is "coasting" and has no fire. When he is completely baffled by poor play , game-plan etc, he is lost and has the "who farted" look. When he yells at the officials and throws his headset to the ground, he is an old man who has lost it.

I hope that little primer helps some...............unfreaking believable!

Oh, and I wonder how many of the people who think he looks so bad, because the fat old man finally lost 40 pounds and started taking better care of himself (thanks to his wife, and ultimately daughter), are fat old men themselves ...who would do well to take a page from his book. You think he looked good LAST year? Overweight, under stress, heart a ticking time bomb? I can assure you his doctor and family like this new version much better, because he is more apt to be around for them! Since he is satisfied, content, and coasting, it is only fair that he stick around to enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    That's why I refuse to lose weight. That thin layer of fat keeps the wrinkles away.
    Kind of a natural botox. Ask anybody, I look great.
    Sounds like a pretty handy excuse...I'll try to remember that

Quote Originally Posted by fsghokie View Post
    I cringe at the thought of JW being responsible for hiring our next football coach

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I believe JW's contract expires just before CFB's current contract expires. Think JW did that on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by HOKIERIT View Post
    You couldn't BE more wrong!! FB never "coasted" a day in his life. It is NOT in his dna. You can question his ability to get us a national championship all you want. To accuse him of "coasting" is an INSULT to Frank and everything he stands for...and FLAT WRONG!
    You don’t know that any more than we know the opposite. At least Rah said “I think”. I think the world of Frank and don’t doubt that he wants to win….every coach does. But there are few people that hold their ideal job in the location they love … and even fewer that have the combination of income and job security that Frank has. He leads a very cushy life and his drive to win does not seem to be as strong as his drive not to change this great life that he has in any way. Do I really know how strong is drive is?....no, and neither do you!

Let me try to explain it P&J. When is is composed, he is "coasting" and has no fire. When he is completely baffled by poor play , game-plan etc, he is lost and has the "who farted" look. When he yells at the officials and throws his headset to the ground, he is an old man who has lost it.

I hope that little primer helps some...............unfreaking believable!

Oh, and I wonder how many of the people who think he looks so bad, because the fat old man finally lost 40 pounds and started taking better care of himself (thanks to his wife, and ultimately daughter), are fat old men themselves ...who would do well to take a page from his book. You think he looked good LAST year? Overweight, under stress, heart a ticking time bomb? I can assure you his doctor and family like this new version much better, because he is more apt to be around for them! Since he is satisfied, content, and coasting, it is only fair that he stick around to enjoy!
    You're blowing smoke from dark places

Quote Originally Posted by anOldHokie View Post
    You don’t know that any more than we know the opposite. At least Rah said “I think”. I think the world of Frank and don’t doubt that he wants to win….every coach does. But there are few people that hold their ideal job in the location they love … and even fewer that have the combination of income and job security that Frank has. He leads a very cushy life and his drive to win does not seem to be as strong as his drive not to change this great life that he has in any way. Do I really know how strong is drive is?....no, and neither do you!
    Actually, I DO know that on very good authority, and you are wrong!! I know several people who know him personally, including one who grew up with him (dude is a good friend of mine) and is good friends with him and the whole family. The things you will hear them say, without exception, are that he is 100% genuine, moral, loyal, and that he is DRIVEN...from horseshoes to checkers from childhood to today, in his private AND professional life.

The concept of coasting is NOT in his dna. Truth is, it probably started way back when his mom took him to see the sick/dying kids when he spent the better part of 2 summers in a burn ward having reconstructive surgeries as a kid (we all know the story).

So you can say all you want. He DOES have more money than he will ever spend. Other than setting up his wife and grand-kids, he isn't looking to pass a "free fortune" on to his kids. He stays for one reason, and one reason ONLY...He wants to win a National Championship. It is equal parts ego (hopefully we are all ego driven to an extent), and what he wants for the school he has been devote to since he was 17 years old!

So you can question his METHODS all you want. I find myself doing so more often as well...BUT if you question his DRIVE, you are wrong...It doesn't get any simpler than that!

Quote Originally Posted by anOldHokie View Post
    You're blowing smoke from dark places
    How cute....You have made your opinion of Frank Beamer abundantly clear. I have a different opinion of the man. If you don't like my opinions, then don't read them.

How cute....You have made your opinion of Frank Beamer abundantly clear. I have a different opinion of the man. If you don't like my opinions, then don't read them.
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Pride_and_Joy View Post
    What does fire look like? Just curious what sort of behavior he would need to display to convince you that he still has competitive fire.
    This is fire: (would like to see Frank with half of that intensity during a game)

ˇsǝıʞoɥ oƃ