Thread: Stech?

Stech?

How stable do you really believe the WVU controlled BIG 12 is now? My take is not very. What ye say?

If Kansas were offered by the B1G 10 do you think they would take it? If Oklahoma was offered by the SEC do you think they would take it? It's questions like that IMHO that tell you how stable a conference is right now.

The penalties are important, but if a school wants to go, they can always find a way to pay for it IMHO.

Well I agree about all you said. For me a conference that allowed 4 great solid schools to leave and replace with well renegades(sorry TCU) I think that says alot. I wonder if ND to ACC has PAC 12 thinking? Big 10 also? Word I hear is it caught all off guard at the timing. Pac 12 IMHO will make a play for UT AND OU. This time they will allow the other two to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFantastic! View Post
    Well I agree about all you said. For me a conference that allowed 4 great solid schools to leave and replace with well renegades(sorry TCU) I think that says alot. I wonder if ND to ACC has PAC 12 thinking? Big 10 also? Word I hear is it caught all off guard at the timing. Pac 12 IMHO will make a play for UT AND OU. This time they will allow the other two to follow.
    Didn't the Big 12 schools just approve a grant of rights agreement? Basically if someone leaves they turn their TV rights back over to the Big 12 (I'm sure I'm not explaining this adequately). So maybe the b-12 is more stable than we think.

Well that is a key. My thinking is TEXAS is to smart to not have a loophole for themselves. Meaning yes they would pay a BIG FEE but not totally what others would. OU probably to. Might be just a far-fetched thought but history usually repeats and the BIG 12 has been a disaster. I cannot see bringing WVU and TCU as making it better. Both good football schools but no TV sell there. Actually TCU will be USED for the Longhorn Network I would assume.

This is a new world. Think about the largest exit fee ever paid. I believe WVU is far and away the winner/loser with their $20 million payment but the Big 12 helped them out. The Big 12 13 year TV rights seems pretty straight forward to me. The ACC three times operating budget does as well. It would not make any financial sense to pay those penalties even if you could knock it down some. I think this ND move has now stopped any more major moves for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFantastic! View Post
    Well that is a key. My thinking is TEXAS is to smart to not have a loophole for themselves. Meaning yes they would pay a BIG FEE but not totally what others would. OU probably to. Might be just a far-fetched thought but history usually repeats and the BIG 12 has been a disaster. I cannot see bringing WVU and TCU as making it better. Both good football schools but no TV sell there. Actually TCU will be USED for the Longhorn Network I would assume.

WVU will not have an easy time getting to the BCS as they have had. Everyone get's excited over Clemson sleep walking with them. In reality they were not all that good last regular season but won a LIL EAST. GIve them credit for winning Orange BOWL and I DO. But life will be harder now. I for do not believe their TV deal is what it says. Reason! Well why couldnt the BIG 12 had done this with previous teams. Bottom LINE is WVU does not help TV market and UT already had the Dallas-FT WORTH market. WVU fans should be happy because they are alive. For now. With UT history how long will they stay happy is the real question.